The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies I-X (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Did Spock have sex with Savvik in Star Trek 3? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=132740)

saturn5 November 26 2010 06:56 PM

Did Spock have sex with Savvik in Star Trek 3?

I always took it for granted that when they were stuck on the Genisis planet and teenage Spock was undergoing the Pon-Farr and Kirk's son goes off to fight the Klingons that Savvik had sex with Spock. Does anyone doubt this?

King Daniel Into Darkness November 26 2010 07:03 PM

Re: Did Spock have sex with Savvik in Star Trek 3?

Of course they had sex. Supposedly, in an early version of STIV story, Saavik was pregnant with his child.

CaptainStoner November 26 2010 07:14 PM

I think the filmakers smartly left this open to interpretation, but playing it more on the safe side.

My interpretation is that they did not have sex. There just wasn't any real indication of that. I think Saavik simply helped him center his chi. (Is that what the kids are calling it these days?)

scotpens November 26 2010 07:22 PM

I figured maybe she just gave him a hand job.

T'Girl November 26 2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

CaptainStoner wrote: (Post 4555106)
I think Saavik simply helped him center his chi.

If you mean she helped him center his chi in her who~who, then yes, you are correct sir.

Therin of Andor November 26 2010 08:22 PM

"It was... logical."

BillJ November 26 2010 08:52 PM

Of course they did. :lol:

Harvey November 26 2010 11:10 PM

It's definitely implied, but not stated outright. However, the cues (inherited from classical Hollywood) are pretty obvious. I voted "They very well might have done," but should have gone for the "of course they did" choice."

What isn't so obvious is why Saavik decides to stay on Vulcan in STAR TREK IV: THE VOYAGE HOME. Is she pregnant with his child, as early script drafts indicated? It's left up in the air, but it's definitely possible.

Satyrquaze November 26 2010 11:13 PM

If she didn't, then Spock would have gone insane and died.

Alrik November 26 2010 11:17 PM

Capt. Spock: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Or in other words...of course he did. ;) :lol:

MikeS November 27 2010 03:59 PM

It would most definitely have been the logical course of action.

Starfury November 27 2010 05:11 PM

Having sex with Saavik is always the logical course of action. http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9784/deliver.gif

sonak November 27 2010 05:42 PM

It's subtle enough to not be in your face about it, but I think the idea is that they had sex. I think the more subtle, implied but not spelled out route was the right way to go.

Shon T'Hara November 27 2010 06:06 PM

If I remember the novelization correctly, Saavik was getting lucky more than Kirk in II-IV -- she not only helped Spock through pon-far, she was banging David and, before that, Peter Preston.

Which actually raises an interesting possibility -- if Saavik was pregnant in IV, maybe it wasn't Spock's kid. Maybe Kirk has a quarter-Romulan grandchild.

BillJ November 27 2010 06:51 PM

Quote:

Shon T'Hara wrote: (Post 4556782)
If I remember the novelization correctly, Saavik was getting lucky more than Kirk in II-IV -- she not only helped Spock through pon-far, she was banging David and, before that, Peter Preston.

Which actually raises an interesting possibility -- if Saavik was pregnant in IV, maybe it wasn't Spock's kid. Maybe Kirk has a quarter-Romulan grandchild.

So are STD's logical? :guffaw: