The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Battlestar Galactica & Caprica (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "Blood & Chrome" to move forward (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=130891)

PsychoPere October 22 2010 03:54 PM

"Blood & Chrome" to move forward

The proposed Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome web series has been bumped from the internet to a full-blown, two-hour backdoor pilot, similar to the BSG miniseries and the Caprica pilot. Syfy plans for production to start in early 2011, aiming for either fourth quarter 2011 or early 2012 premiere. The pilot script was written by Michael Taylor, who will serve as executive producer along with David Eick, Bradley Thompson, and David Weddle.

Quote:

"This is very much an action-adventure, war series," Stern said. "This is definitely dealing with people who are fighting the fight. ... As you hope 'Battlestar' would do, it kind of comments on that process a little bit... but not in a preachy way, not in an issues-oriented way, not in a hitting-you-over-the-head way. Really, the fabric and the canvas of the series are people in the fight and what they grapple with when it comes to each other and what they grapple with when it comes to the enemy they're fighting."
The article also touches on RDM's possible involvement, the possibility of Brear McCreary returning as composer, the possibility of Nico Cortez returning as Ensign William Adama, and some minor plot details about the pilot.

I, for one, say bring it on. I'd be very interested to see the full might of the Colonial fleet fighting it out with the Cylon fleet. The War itself, the lengths the Colonials would go to in order to save their worlds, could present some very compelling stories, I imagine.

vampgrrl October 22 2010 04:38 PM

Re: "Blood & Chrome" to move forward

Frakking awesome!

Nico looked like a young EJO
And more Bear McCreary music in the Galactica-verse? Oh yes!

Ancient Mariner October 22 2010 05:26 PM

Sounds like it ought to be a crowd-pleaser.

ManOnTheWave October 22 2010 05:32 PM

I wonder if Caprica will be over by the time this airs.

stavrosg October 22 2010 05:55 PM

That's really, I mean really good news.

Evil Twin October 22 2010 06:57 PM

Awesome. I think it's safe to say THIS is the prequel most of us want, not the current snoozefest. If Caprica gets cancelled, good riddance. Bring on the First Cylon War!

Jeff O'Connor October 22 2010 07:00 PM

Well, that does it. Caprica just got toasted.

I'll be a bit sad to see it go, but this is, I think, what most of us wanted.

Warp Coil October 22 2010 07:44 PM

Hmm... impressive news, indeed. I wonder if Syfy execs are hoping to lure back some of the BSG audience with this. Caprica is such a different animal and seems to have turned off a lot of the BSG fans. It isn't generating the same ratings, positive word of mouth, or critical acclaim. This sounds like an attempt to win them all back.

The ratings for Caprica are downright awful. There's a high likelihood that it will not earn a second season. So they'll just replace it with Blood and Chrome? RDM needs to be involved in some capacity.

startrekwatcher October 22 2010 08:00 PM

This definitely sounds more interesting and compelling. The problem with CRAPICA wasn't the lack of action or it not being a straight-up action adventure series but that it was a pretentious bore with boring characters, boring stories, weak writing, a glacial pace and tired themes wrapped inside an allegory.

I do hope though Moore stays away from this new possible series. Moore has become so full of himself in recent years that it taints the work.

Admiral Buzzkill October 22 2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Jeff O'Connor wrote: (Post 4476125)
Well, that does it. Caprica just got toasted.

Yep, pretty much.

vampgrrl October 22 2010 09:13 PM

I don't think so...

Caprica will be given an opportunity to tie off its story either via a short 2nd season or something else. There are far too many loose ends to end it now with Blood and Chrome starting up...

Is Daniel the "father" that is in the bath goo in Razor?

B&C can bring Sam and Joe Adama back somewhat...

And I would imagine that B&C would examine the Cylons to some degree...what about the monotheists?

I really enjoy the backstory to the Colonies in Caprica. And the show has really improved since starting back (simply tuesday is killing both SGU and Caprica)

PsychoPere October 22 2010 09:31 PM

From the article, regarding Blood and Chrome's impact on Caprica:
Quote:

"To be really categorical about it, this is not about finding something else so we can get rid of 'Caprica," Stern said. "I don't know the fate of 'Caprica' yet, but, if anything, 'Blood & Chrome' going to series would only be a great opportunity to pair it with something.'

Jeff O'Connor October 22 2010 09:33 PM

Categorical indeed. Thanks, Mark. You have a way with words.

Mutenroshi October 22 2010 10:46 PM

We are very pleased™

Dream October 22 2010 11:06 PM

We should have gotten this in the first place instead of Caprica.