The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=130721)

jefferiestubes8 October 19 2010 04:22 PM

'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
Quote:

Bloody Disgusting says the Denmark-born Christian E. Christiansen, a filmmaker who had already been in talks to direct the remake before plans fell through, is once again circling the film.
Quote:

For the lead the Weinsteins are reportedly looking at Amber Heard, the stunningly gorgeous actress of such films as The Stepfather, Pineapple Express, and All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, as well as the upcoming Drive Angry 3D and the horror/thriller remake And Soon the Darkness. Like Christiansen, she too validates news of the film’s teen-oriented approach, having built her career primarily on horror/thriller fare intended for younger audiences.
Quote:

The remake has been in the works for several years now
http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/10/18/...eard-starring/

imdb listing:
"Clive Barker Presents Hellraiser" - AKA Hellraiser (2012) (complete title)
[currently 'in development'

It's a horror film with the short synopsis of the 1987 film as
Quote:

An unfaithful wife encounters the zombie of her dead lover, who's being chased by demons after he escaped from their sado-masochistic Hell.
Really PG-13? Really?

related
the next direct-to-video film in the series thread:
Hellraiser: Revelations movie for 2011

WalkerBait October 19 2010 04:23 PM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
I've never really watched the Hellraiser movies. Never was into the "Slasher Horror" genre.

But a PG-13 "Hellraiser" no. Just.... No.

Pingfaaaaarrrrgh October 19 2010 04:55 PM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
Hellraiser is not a slasher horror flick.

WalkerBait October 19 2010 05:19 PM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
It's not a romantic, light-hearted, rom-com is it?

I mean, it is horror, right? I've seen it listed as a horror movie.

(The slasher bit I'll admit to maybe being wrong on.)

Caligula October 19 2010 05:38 PM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
As if another direct-to-video sequel isn't bad enough.... a wussified PG-13 remake? Hell no!

Pingfaaaaarrrrgh October 19 2010 05:47 PM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
Quote:

Screecher4747 wrote: (Post 4468696)
It's not a romantic, light-hearted, rom-com is it?

I mean, it is horror, right? I've seen it listed as a horror movie.

(The slasher bit I'll admit to maybe being wrong on.)

Well of course it is a horror. Had you called it a horror movie I would not have disagreed, but you didn't, did you.

I'd hesitate to call Pinhead even a principle character in the first film, it's a grim tale of love, lust, greed and betrayal. Pinhead has all of a few minutes of screen time and is not essential to the underlying plot. They didn't adopt any slasher film elements until the 3rd film and did so as a result of sheer money-grabbing laziness. The rest of the films are not even worth mentioning in the same sentence as the first two.

You shouldn't let your dislike of the slasher genre stop you watching the first Hellraiser movie, it's a great film and a classic of the Horror genre as a whole.

Goliath October 19 2010 05:48 PM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
PG-13? Pfft.

This is one puzzle box I plan to leave unopened.

WalkerBait October 19 2010 08:49 PM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
Quote:

Pingfaaaaaarrrgghh wrote: (Post 4468747)
Quote:

Screecher4747 wrote: (Post 4468696)
It's not a romantic, light-hearted, rom-com is it?

I mean, it is horror, right? I've seen it listed as a horror movie.

(The slasher bit I'll admit to maybe being wrong on.)

Well of course it is a horror. Had you called it a horror movie I would not have disagreed, but you didn't, did you.

I'd hesitate to call Pinhead even a principle character in the first film, it's a grim tale of love, lust, greed and betrayal. Pinhead has all of a few minutes of screen time and is not essential to the underlying plot. They didn't adopt any slasher film elements until the 3rd film and did so as a result of sheer money-grabbing laziness. The rest of the films are not even worth mentioning in the same sentence as the first two.

You shouldn't let your dislike of the slasher genre stop you watching the first Hellraiser movie, it's a great film and a classic of the Horror genre as a whole.

I'm sure I've seen the first movie, ages ago, but I was just never a fan of the entire horror genre.

George Steinbrenner October 19 2010 10:08 PM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
Quote:

Pingfaaaaaarrrgghh wrote: (Post 4468638)
Hellraiser is not a slasher horror flick.

yeah, it's more like a spear-er or a chain-er. :lol:

Starbreaker October 20 2010 12:57 AM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
I hate Hellraiser. Awful movie.

Aragorn October 20 2010 01:09 AM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
This will go great watching back to back with the PG-13 Texas Chainsaw Dating Service.

The Grim Ghost October 20 2010 01:19 AM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
Quote:

Pingfaaaaaarrrgghh wrote: (Post 4468747)
Quote:

Screecher4747 wrote: (Post 4468696)
It's not a romantic, light-hearted, rom-com is it?

I mean, it is horror, right? I've seen it listed as a horror movie.

(The slasher bit I'll admit to maybe being wrong on.)

Well of course it is a horror. Had you called it a horror movie I would not have disagreed, but you didn't, did you.

I'd hesitate to call Pinhead even a principle character in the first film, it's a grim tale of love, lust, greed and betrayal. Pinhead has all of a few minutes of screen time and is not essential to the underlying plot. They didn't adopt any slasher film elements until the 3rd film and did so as a result of sheer money-grabbing laziness. The rest of the films are not even worth mentioning in the same sentence as the first two.

You shouldn't let your dislike of the slasher genre stop you watching the first Hellraiser movie, it's a great film and a classic of the Horror genre as a whole.

I completely agree with everything you say on this. Really the main characters of the 1st movie are Frank, Julia and Kirsty. And in the 2nd movie I'd say Julia and the Doctor are the main 'bad guys'. Pinhead is around in both of them, but is more a moving force than a main character. I really disliked that they got lazy and tried to turn Pinhead into a Jason/Freddie type and the focus of the series.

Of course Pinhead should be in the movies, but to me the idea of the Cenobites as a whole, the hell dimension and the box should be the main concepts.

The 1st two films are so unique, there really aren't any other horror movies like them whether you love them or hate them. The idea of a PG-13 Hellraiser is pretty silly. I'm usually in the less is more camp when it comes to gore, but really these movies need gore, and I'm not talking CGI blood either.

Mr. Adventure October 20 2010 01:37 AM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
Your suffering will be legendary even in Heck.

Worf2DS9 October 20 2010 03:55 AM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
"We'll tear your homework apart."

I think the original is a classic in it's genre. I don't see how a PG-13 remake could possibly live up to the original.

Brent October 20 2010 04:55 AM

Re: 'Hellraiser' (2012) remake aiming for PG-13 crowd
 
Amber Heard is WOW :drool:


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.