The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   The best TNG episode ever (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=129398)

Jochk September 25 2010 07:07 AM

The best TNG episode ever

I am looking to watch a TNG episode but the catch is present. No Borg Q or Klingon episodes because i had a trek marathon yesterday and just watched those episodes. Thanks in advance

Itisnotlogical September 25 2010 07:57 AM

Re: The best TNG episode ever

Kind of difficult, because some of the best TNG episodes are Klingon, Borg or Q episodes. With that qualifier though, I nominate The Offspring.

Admiral Shran September 25 2010 08:23 AM

The Defector.

Not only is it a great one that dosen't involve the Borg, Q, or Klingons, but I'd argue it's the best of any TNG episode.

RyuRoots September 25 2010 08:32 AM

I can never pick a single fave for this or DS9, but at the moment I'd recommend Chain of Command

doubleohfive September 25 2010 09:40 AM

Relics.
The Measure of a Man.
The Offspring.
Inner Light.
Clues.
The Drumhead.
Face of the Enemy.

Alienesse September 25 2010 10:50 AM

"Yesterday's Enterprise" is another great episode of TNG that doesn't involve the Borg, the Klingons or Q. It's actually quite unique because it presents another possible present for the Enterprise crew and the Federation. The moral implications are also some good food for thought. And the Enterprise in battleship mode is very very cool to watch.

Marten September 25 2010 11:03 AM

Most of my favourites have already been mentioned here.

Timelord Victorious September 25 2010 12:06 PM

I add Lower Decks into the mix.

Alrik September 25 2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Alienesse wrote: (Post 4415103)
"Yesterday's Enterprise" is another great episode of TNG that doesn't involve the Borg, the Klingons or Q. It's actually quite unique because it presents another possible present for the Enterprise crew and the Federation. The moral implications are also some good food for thought. And the Enterprise in battleship mode is very very cool to watch.

The problem is, it very much involves the Klingons...at least in the battle scenes.

Alienesse September 26 2010 12:08 AM

Quote:

Alrik wrote: (Post 4415978)
Quote:

Alienesse wrote: (Post 4415103)

The problem is, it very much involves the Klingons...at least in the battle scenes.

Well, yes, but you don't actually see Klingons as I recall, just their ships. And this isn't a Klingon-centered episode really, so I'd say it counts.

indolover September 26 2010 12:17 AM

IMO, a toss up between:

- The Drumhead
- The Defector
- The Wounded
- Tapestry
- Family
- Darmok
- Sins of the Father (well, the best Klingon episode in all Trek, until the Way of the Warrior in DS9)
- The Best of Both Worlds
- Booby Trap

SJSharksfan39 September 26 2010 12:40 AM

You're looking for a single favorite? That's hard since there are so many to chose from but I'd nominate The Inner Light. Very tour de force performance from Stewart and just one of the franchise's best episodes.

Harvey September 26 2010 02:22 AM

I've always been partial to "Sarek." No Borg, Klingons, or Q there.

Boxyno1 September 26 2010 02:43 AM

For me it's a toss up between The Inner Light and The Drumhead, I think The Drumhead might just be a tiny bit better, so I'd go for that one.

Both are stunning though.

Joshua Howard September 26 2010 06:11 AM

"Lessons" is way up there among my favorites, and I think I may be alone in my particular appreciation of it. Anyway, I think everybody tends to rush in and quote some of the really notorious episodes like "The Defector", but some of the best Trek moments really did happen in the more quiet episodes. "Data's Day" is another one that I like.