The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Not a single review of M. Night's Devil (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=128929)

Luminus September 17 2010 02:19 PM

Not a single review of M. Night's Devil

What's going on? I don't see a review anywhere. No one's even talking about it. I was considering going to see it, today, but after discovering this blackout of discussion, I've changed my mind.:lol:

The Habs Fan September 17 2010 02:59 PM

Re: Not a single review of M. Night's Devil

Quote:

Luminus wrote: (Post 4394923)
What's going on? I don't see a review anywhere. No one's even talking about it. I was considering going to see it, today, but after discovering this blackout of discussion, I've changed my mind.:lol:

Rotten Tomatoes has 4 reviews up http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/771203480/

Luminus September 17 2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

The Habs Fan wrote: (Post 4394988)
Quote:

Luminus wrote: (Post 4394923)

Rotten Tomatoes has 4 reviews up http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/771203480/

Those reviews weren't there, when I posted. Thanks.

PsychoPere September 17 2010 04:05 PM

Just a quick note, in case anyone is unaware: While the trailers are trying to sell the film on his name, Shyamalan did not direct this film. He wrote the story & produced, Brian Nelson wrote the screenplay, and Drew Dowdle directed.

bullethead September 17 2010 04:10 PM

Quote:

PsychoPere wrote: (Post 4395109)
Just a quick note, in case anyone is unaware: While the trailers are trying to sell the film on his name, Shyamalan did not direct this film. He wrote the story & produced, Brian Nelson wrote the screenplay, and Drew Dowdle directed.

Well, marketing people screwed up big time by trying to use M. Night as selling feature of this movie. He was already being perceived as a two hit wonder, so I wouldn't have bet on the Last Airbender working out and getting him back into the public's graces.

PsychoPere September 17 2010 04:14 PM

Yes, others have said so as well.

Robert Maxwell September 17 2010 04:15 PM

Four review up and they all say it's crap. :lol:

T'Baio September 17 2010 04:29 PM

I love how people are really enjoying tearing down Shyamalan lately. Has he made questionable movies the last several years? Yes.

However, after The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs...a trinity of films that any director would be blessed to have made...the guy's got my viewing for anything he'll ever make.

They can't all be brilliant.

Starbreaker September 17 2010 05:20 PM

Not screened for critics, huh? Only movies that absolutely suck balls don't get screened.

exodus September 18 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

T'Baio wrote: (Post 4395153)
I love how people are really enjoying tearing down Shyamalan lately. Has he made questionable movies the last several years? Yes.

However, after The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable and Signs...a trinity of films that any director would be blessed to have made...the guy's got my viewing for anything he'll ever make.

They can't all be brilliant.

...but he can try.

Trekker4747 September 18 2010 05:18 PM

The movie wasn't screened for critics, meaning any critic wanting to write a review for it had to wait until it was released and watch it with the public. Any reviews that there will be should be hitting the press this weekend but it's doubtful that many will do it. The movie wasn't getting good press to begin with and when a movie isn't screened critics are less-likely to pay (their own money or money from the paper) to see a movie to write a review.

Worf2DS9 September 22 2010 07:35 PM

I thought the trailer looked pretty decent, but it's not a movie I would pay to see on the big screen.

Spot's Meow September 22 2010 08:07 PM

I am going to see it tonight at the drive-ins, along with The Last Exorcism. There's no way I could justify paying full price for either of these in the theater, but at half the price of a theater ticket for two movies, I think it will be a fun night.

Vanyel September 25 2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

bullethead wrote: (Post 4395119)
Night as selling feature of this movie. He was already being perceived as a two hit wonder, so I wouldn't have bet on the Last Airbender working out and getting him back into the public's graces.

"Two hit wonder"? What was the other one?

bullethead September 25 2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Vanyel wrote: (Post 4415911)
Quote:

bullethead wrote: (Post 4395119)
Night as selling feature of this movie. He was already being perceived as a two hit wonder, so I wouldn't have bet on the Last Airbender working out and getting him back into the public's graces.

"Two hit wonder"? What was the other one?

The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable.