The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Halo: Reach (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=128487)

SPCTRE September 9 2010 10:13 PM

Halo: Reach
 
It just occured to me there isn't an active Halo: Reach thread around here. :wtf:

Here's the new, extended cut for the Deliver Hope live action trailer:


Goosebump-worthy I'd say.

Anyways, only five more days to go! Amazon.co.uk claims to ship my Legendary Edition on September 13th :techman:

Skywalker September 9 2010 11:06 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
I only pre-ordered the regular edition. I like Halo, but not quite enough to drop $80 on the limited edition, and certainly not enough to drop $150 on the Legendary Edition. :lol:

I did get a $20 credit toward a future game purchase at Amazon, though, so that'll come in handy when Call of Duty: Black Ops releases in November. :techman:

-Brett- September 9 2010 11:12 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
The multiplayer beta was fun. Otherwise I wouldn't be giving it a second thought. Not after ODST.

clint g September 9 2010 11:15 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
Im kind of burned out on the Halo franchise. That being said, Halo: The Fall of Reach was a great military sci-fi novel so I'm interested in the story. I for may bite if only that.

SPCTRE September 9 2010 11:21 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
Quote:

clint g wrote: (Post 4377122)
Halo: The Fall of Reach was a great military sci-fi novel so I'm interested in the story.

That's actually the main reason I am so hyped about the game - reading The Fall of Reach back in the day made me a glutton for Halo lore. :techman:

clint g September 9 2010 11:25 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
Quote:

SPCTRE wrote: (Post 4377133)
Quote:

clint g wrote: (Post 4377122)
Halo: The Fall of Reach was a great military sci-fi novel so I'm interested in the story.

That's actually the main reason I am so hyped about the game - reading The Fall of Reach back in the day made a glutton for Halo lore. :techman:

Indeed. That novel (and perhaps a few of the other ones) is the best thing about the franchise. Make of that what you will :p

firehawk12 September 10 2010 02:19 AM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
Co-op matchmaking is the only reason why I'm interested in picking up the game when it releases. Here's hoping it works anyway.

PsychoPere September 10 2010 02:40 AM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
I had originally purchased the Legendary Edition (yes, I'm a sucker for the franchise and I really want that kickass statue), but I had to downgrade to the regular edition after losing my job a couple months ago. Seriously looking forward to the game, though I'm finding my anticipation somewhat different this time around. In the past, I was paying attention to pretty much every scrap of news that came out about each game, but with Reach, for the most part I've only watched the trailers. I haven't intentionally avoided reading about it, but I haven't actively sought out information either.

Jax September 10 2010 07:55 AM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
I'll get this sometime in 2011 when a price drop occurs because I only care about Halo for co-op play. I have zero interest in online versus mode due to well annoying little kids and bunny hopping mad OTT gameplay.

firehawk12 September 10 2010 10:19 AM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
Quote:

PsychoPere wrote: (Post 4377563)
I had originally purchased the Legendary Edition (yes, I'm a sucker for the franchise and I really want that kickass statue), but I had to downgrade to the regular edition after losing my job a couple months ago. Seriously looking forward to the game, though I'm finding my anticipation somewhat different this time around. In the past, I was paying attention to pretty much every scrap of news that came out about each game, but with Reach, for the most part I've only watched the trailers. I haven't intentionally avoided reading about it, but I haven't actively sought out information either.


Hah, well, it was leaked and someone uploaded the ending if you want to avoid that stuff. :lol

SPCTRE September 10 2010 12:37 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
Just read the news over at halo.bungie.org, no danger of spoiling anything - Louis Wu & his buddies know their stuff and go to extreme lengths to avoid spoilers.

Dac September 10 2010 03:25 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
After realizing that I probably wouldn't be able to walk in a store and grab the limited edition, I opted instead of preordered it on Amazon last night. I sprung for the super dooper delivery because I really want to get it on launch :p I also opted for the limited edition because I really want Halsey's journal. That looks like a quality tie in product.

As for the leaked stuff, i came across a cutscene from the game but only managed to watch 2 seconds of it before my spoiler sense kicked in. Unfortunately, I think that 2 seconds was enough to get the gist of the scene though. :(

ares93 September 10 2010 03:54 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
the only reason i wont buy reach is because i stick by my principles. fps should be played on pc. otherwise i would have ordered it weeks ago...

Mistral September 10 2010 04:09 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
Quote:

ares93 wrote: (Post 4378640)
the only reason i wont buy reach is because i stick by my principles. fps should be played on pc. otherwise i would have ordered it weeks ago...

My principles say any game where a sticky grenade on someone's face fails to kill them 50% of the time is a waste of money.

Dac September 10 2010 04:26 PM

Re: Halo: Reach
 
Quote:

Mistral wrote: (Post 4378686)
Quote:

ares93 wrote: (Post 4378640)
the only reason i wont buy reach is because i stick by my principles. fps should be played on pc. otherwise i would have ordered it weeks ago...

My principles say any game where a sticky grenade on someone's face fails to kill them 50% of the time is a waste of money.

Was that something in the beta? Every sticky grenade I've stuck has always been a kill in Halo 2, 3 and ODST firefight.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.