The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who Is YOUR Favorite Star Trek Captain? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=122832)

CmndrSela318 June 6 2010 06:55 PM

Who Is YOUR Favorite Star Trek Captain?

I couldn't find what I thought was a favorite captain thread. I found a best captain actor thread but that sounds like the choices would be like William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, etc. I don't wanna know that. I wanna know who your favorite captain is. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway or Archer.
So please vote.
I voted for Sisko. He seems the most commanding, the most in-charge. Sisko seems more like a force to be wreckoned with than the other 4.

C.E. Evans June 6 2010 08:40 PM

Re: Who Is YOUR Favorite Star Trek Captain?

Kirk (William Shatner)

'Nuff said.

Sector 7 June 6 2010 08:57 PM

Captain Jellico

'Nuff said.

You left out many good captains, so it is not a very accurate poll. My all time favorite would be Captain Pike from ST09.

Cornholio June 6 2010 09:47 PM

Kirk rules!

Archer and Janeway second, 'cause they had to do the job without any kind of backup. heck, Archer had to figure it out on his own.

Sisko would be next, 'cause he had to deal with a war, and Picard would be last 'cause he basically just patrolled a dull and bloated empire.

Pike was pretty cool too, just didn't see enough of him. I still think they shoulda had Ray Liotta play him.

Geckothan June 6 2010 10:29 PM

The Sisko is the superior captain.

stj June 6 2010 11:07 PM

By a hairs' breadth, Janeway. Kirk is partnered with Spockm, dividing my favoritism. Plus, there was more Janeway than Kirk, Voyager lasting longer than Star Trek.

Ensign Johnson June 6 2010 11:35 PM

Easy question for me. Its gotta be Janeway *swoon*

I like that she's always breaking the Prime Directive, antagonising aliens, kicking alien arse and saving Voyager single handedly. So then if she wants to look smug I say she has good reason to.

Piper June 6 2010 11:41 PM

Picard :techman:

Ghrakh June 6 2010 11:46 PM

Cool, we can never have enough of these best captain polls! :techman:

Mark Antony June 6 2010 11:48 PM

Picard. The most intelligent, most cultured, and most interesting character in Star Trek.

Katrine June 7 2010 12:24 AM

Sisko was my favorite, cuz he was human & had flaws & got pissed off. Then probably Janeway. Not a big fan of Picard.

DevilEyes June 7 2010 02:46 AM

Quote:

Carolyn333 wrote: (Post 4142808)
I couldn't find what I thought was a favorite captain thread. I found a best captain actor thread but that sounds like the choices would be like William Shatner, Patrick Stewart, etc. I don't wanna know that. I wanna know who your favorite captain is. Kirk, Picard, Sisko, Janeway or Archer.

I think you were looking for this thread.

Cicero June 7 2010 02:52 AM

1. Kirk (Original)
2. Pike (Star Trek XI)
3. Picard
4. Riker (Odd, considering my next choice; I thought him out of character in Chain of Command)
5. Jellico

Reanok June 7 2010 03:36 AM

Captain Kirk

Ralphis June 7 2010 04:01 AM

Quote:

Mark Antony wrote: (Post 4143439)
Picard. The most intelligent, most cultured, and most interesting character in Star Trek.

My thoughts exactly! :techman: