The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Lost (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Hurley & Ben Spin-off? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=121966)

Jetfire May 24 2010 11:41 PM

Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Would you watch??? Great thing about ending with the characters just coming together in the flash-sideways(afterlife) it leaves the real world of LOST open to many stories.

I like Jorge Garcia & Michael Emerson...I'd watch at least the pilot.

I know this won't happen but it is fun tho think about. :)

coolghoul May 24 2010 11:46 PM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Both Hurley and Ben are eminently watchable. But what dramatic tension will they need to really play up to the audience' expectations from them?

Maybe the whole thing is going to be about how Hurley and Ben handle the world reacting to Frank flying back in the Ajira plane. Could be interesting.

DarthPipes May 24 2010 11:52 PM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Heheh. That would be interesting. But Hurley would let any potential castaways leave the island if they wanted too.

I still want to see a Miles and Sawyer cop show. Wouldn't mind a teachers show with Ben, Locke, and Azrt. Hell, in that vein, how about Ben Linus Pedophile Hunter. ;)

doubleohfive May 24 2010 11:54 PM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
I'd much rather see the sitcom that instantly came to me as Ben apologized to John outside the church: Locke 'n Linus, it'd be ratings GOLD!

Agent Richard07 May 25 2010 12:00 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
I was gonna start a thread about this called Season 7 - Bring it on!

There's enough for the story to continue. Hurley is in charge of the island with Ben at his side. Cindy and the Others are there and so are Rose, Bernard and Vincent. Kate, Miles, Frank and Richard are on the mainland having to deal with their disappearance and return, and they can even visit the island. Jack and everyone who's dead can appear as ghosts or in flashbacks to the missing three years. We can even dig deeper into the island's mysteries. There's a lot of story potential still out there.

DarthPipes May 25 2010 12:06 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Quote:

Agent Richard07 wrote: (Post 4107503)
I was gonna start a thread about this called Season 7 - Bring it on!

There's enough for the story to continue. Hurley is in charge of the island with Ben at his side. Cindy and the Others are there and so are Rose, Bernard and Vincent. Kate, Miles, Frank and Richard are on the mainland having to deal with their disappearance and return, and they can even visit the island. Jack and everyone who's dead can appear as ghosts or in flashbacks to the missing three years. We can even dig deeper into the island's mysteries. There's a lot of story potential still out there.

Cindy the Stewardess...the minor character I always wonder about. What happened to her and those two kids. If they're alive, Hurley could send them back.

Hurley (with Ben perhaps) explaining to Rose and Bernard what happened with Not Locke would be comedy gold.

"No, Locke's dead. That guy was the Smoke Monster!"

Rose: "Locke was the Smoke Monster?"

Jetfire May 25 2010 12:06 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
@Agent Richard07
True and there are always gonna be people from the outside world trying to find the island and exploit it's special nature...Hurley & Ben could deal with those threats along with many side stories...so much more of the LOST universe to explore.

The Evil Dead May 25 2010 03:23 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
I don't know about a spin-off series, but an anthology mini-series telling various stories within the mythos of Lost would be great. Or even a series of novels.

Temis the Vorta May 25 2010 03:23 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Yeah I'd watch. They shouldn't do it, though. It would be great as fanfic - someone get started.

Trek4Ever May 25 2010 03:31 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
I'd tune in for the episode featuring those special guest stars...the Harlem Globetrotters, as they are annoited champions of the island by Hurley and take on evil robots leftover by Charles Widmore in a basketball game to determine the fate of the island! :guffaw::lol:

McCoy May 25 2010 04:43 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Hurley = Mr. Roarke
Ben = Tattoo

Python Trek May 25 2010 05:31 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Quote:

McCoy wrote: (Post 4108419)
Hurley = Mr. Roarke
Ben = Tattoo

:guffaw:

Hurley: Greetings, and welcome to What the Fuck? Island!

Ben: <Tattoo voice> If you see a Smoke Monster, run like hell!

:lol:

RoJoHen May 25 2010 08:50 AM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Quote:

The Evil Dead wrote: (Post 4108213)
I don't know about a spin-off series, but an anthology mini-series telling various stories within the mythos of Lost would be great.

This is what I'd love to see. I mean, they pretty much name themselves!

"The Lost Tales"

RobertScorpio May 25 2010 01:56 PM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
Quote:

Jetfire wrote: (Post 4107438)
Would you watch??? Great thing about ending with the characters just coming together in the flash-sideways(afterlife) it leaves the real world of LOST open to many stories.

I like Jorge Garcia & Michael Emerson...I'd watch at least the pilot.

I know this won't happen but it is fun tho think about. :)

No way....not me. Don't do to LOST what happened to TREK TV..too much of a good thing isn't always good.

Remember after-MASH???


Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo



Rob

Python Trek May 25 2010 01:56 PM

Re: Hurley & Ben Spin-off?
 
My great fear is that they'll turn the whole thing over to someone else and they'll screw it up, a la B& B ruining VOY and ENT.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.