The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Upcoming crossover between two SyFy shows! *SPOILERS* (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=121586)

Chris3123 May 19 2010 09:17 PM

Upcoming crossover between two SyFy shows! *SPOILERS*

Warehouse 13 and Eureka now officially take place in the same universe.

Quote:

In the episodes, which are currently filming, Douglas Fargo (Neil Grayston) of Eureka's Global Dynamics is sent to Warehouse 13 to help update its aging computer system. This triggers a seemingly sentient computer virus that sends the Warehouse into lockdown and traps the team inside. The Warehouse 13 episode is entitled "13.1" and will air on Tuesday, August 3, at 9PM (ET/PT).

The Eureka episode entitled "Crossing Over," will air on Friday, August 6, at 9PM (ET/PT). Warehouse 13's Claudia Donovan (Allison Scagliotti) pays a visit to Eureka, hoping to see some amazing technological wonders. She gets more than she bargained for when seemingly random objects begin appearing around town.
http://scifiwire.com/2010/05/heres-t...awarehouse.php

I love crossover episodes, especially between two seemingly unrelated shows. :techman:

Christopher May 19 2010 09:37 PM

Re: Upcoming crossover between two SyFy shows! *SPOILERS*

Not sure how I feel about this. Eureka's science may be horribly fanciful and absurd, but at least they always pretend there's a scientific basis for everything. Warehouse 13 tends to be a bit more mystical, though it skirts around claiming an actual supernatural origin for anything.

Oh, well. If I can live with Iron Man and Thor existing in the same universe, or Batman and Zatanna, I guess I can live with this, even if it is a bit of a retcon. Heck, it wouldn't be the first retcon in Eureka history.

Just so long as they leave Stargate out of it.

Guy Gardener May 19 2010 10:17 PM

how to involve Stargate?

Minimally.

Just have Carter show up and then there's the humour that they both respond to their surname being bello... Oh gods, THEY ARE COUSINS!!!! But never have her atually mention the Stargate or anyhting. Top Secret y'know.

RJDiogenes May 19 2010 10:56 PM

This is great. I love both of those shows. And I love crossovers. :bolian:

1001001 May 19 2010 11:20 PM

Yeah, I love both shows as well. This could be lots of fun.

Christopher May 20 2010 12:14 AM

Unfortunately, the two characters crossing over are just about my least favorite characters on their respective shows. Well, Zane is actually my least favorite Eureka character, so I guess it could be worse.

Skywalker May 20 2010 12:42 AM

Suddenly, just when it looks like the team won't be able to escape, the Galactica jumps inside the atmosphere and saves the day!

Chris3123 May 20 2010 12:59 AM

And TAPS visits Eureka due to claims of various dead WWE wrestlers wandering about. But Helen Magnus arrives and discovers it was just an abnormal making people see things.

And the abnormal is Tracey Morgan.

T J May 20 2010 01:14 AM

Well that sounds like fun. I was debating weather I cared about Warehouse 13 or not... guess I'll hang in there.

tharpdevenport May 20 2010 01:26 AM

As someone who barely made it through the "Warehouse 13" pilot ... please don't bring crap into "Eureka". "Eureka" may not be television gold by any means, but it's way, way better.

Extrocomp May 20 2010 03:23 AM

Are Eureka and Warehouse 13 owned by the same company?

Christopher May 20 2010 03:33 AM

Quote:

Extrocomp wrote: (Post 4093180)
Are Eureka and Warehouse 13 owned by the same company?

They're both produced by Universal Media Studios (formerly NBC Universal Television), the studio belonging to the company (NBC Universal) that owns Syfy. Essentially they're both "in-house" productions for Syfy.

SG-17 May 20 2010 05:12 AM

Did not expect this. Though I am kind of glad that they are in the same universe, just as long as, like Christopher said, they leave Stargate out of it.

Vendikarr May 20 2010 01:24 PM

I'm surprised they're not fitting someone from "Haven" into the mix. Get that cross promotional magic working for the new show.

Christopher May 20 2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Vendikarr wrote: (Post 4094039)
I'm surprised they're not fitting someone from "Haven" into the mix. Get that cross promotional magic working for the new show.

Do you mean Sanctuary?