The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=120239)

Admiral_Young May 1 2010 12:25 AM

Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
I for one hope he accepts it...it would have been interesting to see how he would have done on "The Last Stand" had he been able to continue working on it.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...n-first-class/

Samurai8472 May 1 2010 12:33 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
what happened?

Quote:

JacksonArcher wrote: (Post 3676647)
http://screenrant.com/x-men-first-cl...ge-kofi-38335/

Quote:

Bryan Singer just leaked that he’s directing the next X-men Origins film on the AVATAR “blue carpet”. What do you think about that? Yep. “X-Men First Class” will be an “Origins” film. He said he just sealed the deal with the studio.
This could very well be a prank or rumor, but in the interim: Squeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. :D


Admiral_Young May 1 2010 12:45 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
^ I find it hilarious that you quote JA lol...Bryan was contractually obligated to direct "Jack the Giant Killer" and had to step aside. It's mentioned in the article.

Stone_Cold_Sisko May 1 2010 12:47 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Vaughan left X3 because the script was shit (in his opinion). That's the story I heard anyways. "shit" is my own exaggeration, but if you read between the lines of his comments about how he didn't feel right about the script, that's kind of what he's saying.

JacksonArcher May 1 2010 12:50 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Quote:

Samurai8472 wrote: (Post 4039636)
what happened?

Quote:

JacksonArcher wrote: (Post 3676647)
http://screenrant.com/x-men-first-cl...ge-kofi-38335/

Quote:

Bryan Singer just leaked that he’s directing the next X-men Origins film on the AVATAR “blue carpet”. What do you think about that? Yep. “X-Men First Class” will be an “Origins” film. He said he just sealed the deal with the studio.
This could very well be a prank or rumor, but in the interim: Squeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal. :D



MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

On the flip side, I love Matthew Vaughn, and as much as I would have wanted Singer to do this, I would be more than happy if Vaughn got it. He could very well turn it down, but a Vaughn/Singer collaborated X-Men film is just too good to pass up.

The Borgified Corpse May 1 2010 12:53 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Quote:

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: (Post 4039672)
Vaughan left X3 because the script was shit (in his opinion). That's the story I heard anyways. "shit" is my own exaggeration, but if you read between the lines of his comments about how he didn't feel right about the script, that's kind of what he's saying.

The story I recall is that he dropped out because there had been a death in his family.

JacksonArcher May 1 2010 01:01 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Quote:

The Borgified Corpse wrote: (Post 4039687)
Quote:

Stone_Cold_Sisko wrote: (Post 4039672)
Vaughan left X3 because the script was shit (in his opinion). That's the story I heard anyways. "shit" is my own exaggeration, but if you read between the lines of his comments about how he didn't feel right about the script, that's kind of what he's saying.

The story I recall is that he dropped out because there had been a death in his family.

No. 20th Century Fox said he left for "personal reasons", but that line was bullshit, and even Vaughn admitted that. He left for creative reasons. He felt like he couldn't make the film the way he wanted to given the constrictions and limitations. That's why he left.

Admiral_Young May 1 2010 01:02 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
^ Yeah the original story of his drop out was due to personal reasons that weren't disclosed at the time. I've read both of the reasons stated are due to his departure on the film and I wouldn't be surprised if the non personal reason is true.

JacksonArcher May 1 2010 01:09 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Apparently Matthew Vaughn already turned it down.

Quote:

Am told the Vaughn discussions were touch and go, and sources close to the director said he won't be directing the movie. Let's see if that holds true. It wouldn't be the first time Vaughn has flirted with the X-Men franchise. He got far down the road on replacing Bryan Singer as director of X-Men: The Last Stand, but that also fell by the wayside. Fox continues its search, talking to a strong list of directors that includes Timur Bekmambetov, Louis Leterrier, David Slade, Daniel Espinoza and Carl Erick Rinsch. A decision will be made next week on the director with an eye toward a late summer or early fall start.
Out of that list, I'd vote for David Slade, who has directed the very smart, edgy thriller Hard Candy and the horror film 30 Days of Night. His next film is (gulp) The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, which actually doesn't look half bad.

Admiral James Kirk May 1 2010 01:29 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Quote:

Admiral_Young wrote: (Post 4039615)
I for one hope he accepts it...it would have been interesting to see how he would have done on "The Last Stand" had he been able to continue working on it.

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...n-first-class/


I agree. And Kick-Ass kicked fuckin' ass! I would love to see what Vaughn could do with X-Men. :)

Admiral_Young May 1 2010 01:39 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Well that was fast and disappointing...too bad.

Samurai8472 May 1 2010 01:47 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
ANNNNNNNND we're back to square one

FreezeC77 May 1 2010 01:56 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Maybe if directors keep dropping out it'll push the movie production back and back until FOX loses the rights to the franchise?

yea...not gonna happen, but I can dream.

Admiral James Kirk May 1 2010 02:05 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
If Nightmare on Elm Street has a good weekend I'll bet they offer it to Sam Bayer.

Aragorn May 1 2010 02:43 AM

Re: Fox Offers Matthew Vaughan "X-Men The First Class"!
 
Brett Ratner, here we come.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.