The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Favoirite Charater in TNG! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=119096)

Dee007 April 16 2010 01:20 AM

Favoirite Charater in TNG!

Who's your favorite character in TNG. For me I must say its Lieutenant Commander Data, I just loved the Sherlock Holmes episode Elementary Dear Data.

Anji April 16 2010 01:37 AM

Re: Favoirite Charater in TNG!

Data was probably the best character on the show. He made us laugh, he touched our hearts and made us think about what it meant to be human.

In his child-like ways he was a very wise man.

But I gotta vote for Troi's mom. She was hysterical. The ultimate mom-from-hell.

sbk1234 April 16 2010 02:51 AM

I really liked O'Brien. Especially when they were just creating the character. I love how he really just developed from what was essentially a nameless background actor.

Vasquez Rocks April 16 2010 05:02 AM

Picard is my favorite. He was such a different kind of leader than what I was used to seeing on tv. I really enjoyed his cerebral nature throughout the series and the bond he had with his crew.

cmsquared7 April 16 2010 05:05 AM

When I was younger I had two favorites. Data and Worf. Now that I'm older and an adult I have to say that Data remains my favorite.

RegFan April 16 2010 05:12 AM

Reg Barclay. There's just something so adorable about him. I like every scene he's in.

GalaxyX April 16 2010 07:15 AM

Data here. TV Series Data is freakin' perfect.

Elzie April 16 2010 12:58 PM

Data! Pure awesomesity!

Admiral Shran April 16 2010 01:06 PM

Barclay and Data. I can relate to each of these characters much more easily than the others.

Newski April 17 2010 09:58 PM

I gotta love O 'Brien. They pretty much built him from ground up, starting as an extra and ending up pretty close to part of the regular crew.

Also, as a chubby Irish dude, I can't help but feel optimism seeing him with sexy asian wife...

kitsune April 17 2010 10:08 PM

It's a toss-up between Data, Picard, and Ro Laren, but I'm partial to the young Ro Laren in Rascals. :D

EnsignRicky April 17 2010 10:47 PM

Main Character: Picard
Guest Character: Q

C_Miller April 18 2010 05:08 PM

Worf and O'Brien. But that might just be because I've been watching a lot of Deep Space Nine lately.

Joshua Howard April 19 2010 06:01 AM

I like Data lots, but Picard is the character that I most admire, mainly for the wisdom which his character portrays. Picard mixed with a heavy dose of Data is my idea of a fine time.

After Picard and Data, Warf is without doubt my third favorite character. Picard represents wisdom, Data represents logic, and Warf represents the warrior spirit. All of them together form a nice pantheon of respectable trains and virtues that can be learned from and enjoyed thoroughly.

macloudt April 19 2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

C_Miller wrote: (Post 4006599)
Worf and O'Brien. But that might just be because I've been watching a lot of Deep Space Nine lately.

Same here. I love how both these characters develop over the TNG series and even futher in DS9. Mind you I often want to smack Worf upside the head (a wee bit tricky, as I'm 5'2") whenever he's giving Alexander a hard time.