The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=118803)

jefferiestubes8 April 12 2010 06:56 PM

'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Quote:

He mentioned that IF they are going to shoot Avatar 2 he would love to do some plate shots in the Amazon rainforest - to combine these real shots with CGI. Apparently hes in love with Amazon now - he recently went there for a world forum about ecological issues.
April 12th, 2010
http://www.collider.com/2010/04/12/j...ss-conference/

Deckerd April 12 2010 07:35 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
I don't think anything will come out for at least 3 years, probably more.

Captain Craig April 12 2010 09:06 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Quote:

Deckerd wrote: (Post 3991327)
I don't think anything will come out for at least 3 years, probably more.

Agreed, too early for this type thread.

When they announce a date for filming and/or casting then try it then. Otherwise the thread will be full of nothing but rumors. Like how 3 months after TDK every dinky site about the internet had some source on what the next Nolan Bat-film was going to be about and which villain(s) were appearing.

Kegg April 12 2010 10:39 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Well, Cameron has hinted it'll be another planetoid, that Neytiri and Jake will return, and that it may not even have Avatar in the title, IIRC. That's all something.

Broccoli April 12 2010 10:46 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3991589)
When they announce a date for filming and/or casting then try it then. Otherwise the thread will be full of nothing but rumors. Like how 3 months after TDK every dinky site about the internet had some source on what the next Nolan Bat-film was going to be about and which villain(s) were appearing.

Eddie Murphy is still in line to play the Riddler, right?

Captain Craig April 12 2010 11:22 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Quote:

Broccoli wrote: (Post 3991841)
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3991589)
When they announce a date for filming and/or casting then try it then. Otherwise the thread will be full of nothing but rumors. Like how 3 months after TDK every dinky site about the internet had some source on what the next Nolan Bat-film was going to be about and which villain(s) were appearing.

Eddie Murphy is still in line to play the Riddler, right?

I think so with Dakota Fanning as Batgirl and Kristen Stewart to play Catwoman.

Mr. Adventure April 12 2010 11:55 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Quote:

jefferiestubes8 wrote: (Post 3991223)

I love the line about how Cameron feels 2D movies shouldn't be converted to 3D in post-production unless they're old movies like Titanic.

Bad Bishop April 13 2010 05:50 AM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
I think it would be neat if the next one could be about converting those nature-loving heathens on Pandora to Christianity. ;)

scnj April 13 2010 06:57 AM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3991895)
Quote:

Broccoli wrote: (Post 3991841)
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3991589)
When they announce a date for filming and/or casting then try it then. Otherwise the thread will be full of nothing but rumors. Like how 3 months after TDK every dinky site about the internet had some source on what the next Nolan Bat-film was going to be about and which villain(s) were appearing.

Eddie Murphy is still in line to play the Riddler, right?

I think so with Dakota Fanning as Batgirl and Kristen Stewart to play Catwoman.

I'd be completely down with that.:drool:

Broccoli April 13 2010 04:40 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Quote:

scnj wrote: (Post 3992762)
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3991895)
Quote:

Broccoli wrote: (Post 3991841)

Eddie Murphy is still in line to play the Riddler, right?

I think so with Dakota Fanning as Batgirl and Kristen Stewart to play Catwoman.

I'd be completely down with that.:drool:

So, Catwoman is suppose to have a constant blank, constipated look on her face? :p

jefferiestubes8 April 21 2010 02:07 PM

'Avatar 2' locations
 
James Cameron is confirming it:

Quote:

not just on Pandora, but throughout the Alpha Centauri AB system. And we expand out across that system and incorporate more into the story not necessarily in the second film, but more toward a third film.
Quote:

I've already announced this, so I might as well say it: Part of my focus in the second film is in creating a different environment a different setting within Pandora.

And I'm going to be focusing on the ocean on Pandora, which will be equally rich and diverse and crazy and imaginative, but it just won't be a rain forest. I'm not saying we won't see what we've already seen; we'll see more of that as well.
April 20, 2010
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/hero...-and-more.html

777 April 26 2010 01:39 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
More details on Avatar 2:

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2010/0...ngines-in.html

Quote:

AVATAR 2 will continue several years after the events of the original. It will also lay the groundwork for the other moons in the system. Things are going to get quite "weird" to the point of becoming somewhat abstract! Each movie will stand on its own and there will definitely be NO shooting the sequels back to back. Trilogy? Actually no. The sky is no limit for this universe - the plot lines are endless.

AVATAR 2 SPOILER ALERT: This is verbatim from my source...
"Oh and Pandora has a lot of shit coming its way. Break out the space marines, looks like some bugs need a stomping."

Forbin April 26 2010 03:24 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Maybe the sequel will have a decent plot.

Samurai8472 April 26 2010 04:52 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
^ Bigger ships arrive and Jake's other brother, who's a Colonel and looks amazingly like Sam Worthington arrives to purge the Na'vi threat

Worthington VS his Na'vi self!

Admiral Buzzkill April 26 2010 09:03 PM

Re: 'Avatar 2' Casting, Rumors, Pics till release
 
Well, the first movie was brilliant - and therefore, of course, massively successful beyond any other - so this is worth looking forward to.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.