The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   JMS Takes Over For Superman and Wonder Woman in July! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=116298)

Admiral_Young March 9 2010 09:11 PM

JMS Takes Over For Superman and Wonder Woman in July!

Wow...not only will JMS be writing the Superman Earth One graphic novels with artist Shane Davis but I just saw on Newsarama (surprised no one jumped on this already) that he'll be the new writer on both Superman and Wonder Woman starting with issues 701. Here is the link with the story...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/jms-...an-100308.html

Gail Simone is leaving Wonder Woman for Birds of Prey which is returning.

FreezeC77 March 9 2010 09:20 PM

Re: JMS Takes Over For Superman and Wonder Woman in July!

So is JMS going to retcon things and have had Lana Lang get pregnant from Lex Luthor while in high school, but have hid it?

Jan March 9 2010 09:27 PM

Probably not, since that was Joe Quesada's idea. He probably won't have either character make a deal with the devil, either.

I'm looking forward to this.

Jan

CaptainCanada March 9 2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Jan wrote: (Post 3902503)
Probably not, since that was Joe Quesada's idea.

Yeah, it'll just be Superman's baby.

Nick Ryder March 9 2010 10:31 PM

He'll probably make Superman and Wonder Woman like mythical beings and Superman will grow some new organic powers and Wondy will "be in the car"-

OmahaStar March 9 2010 11:59 PM

Hmm ... Time to expand my pull file at the comic book store.

Ryan Thomas Riddle March 10 2010 12:12 AM

I'm excited but cautious since I longed for Kurt Busiek to write Superman and was greatly disappointed by the stories he churned out.

CaptainCanada March 10 2010 12:39 AM

In all seriousness, though, he could be a very good fit. He's a much better choice to write the main WW title than the previously-rumoured Grant Morrison, and his run on Thor shows he can write myth-based characters pretty well.

If he can avoid overt straw politics and picking up and leaving in the middle of things, I'd be happy.

Admiral_Young March 10 2010 01:28 AM

JMS has long professed to be a Superman fan...his recent interviews with Newsarama regarding Earth One have stated that. I should add that he'll be starting with Wonder Woman in issue 601 lol.

shivkala March 10 2010 01:42 AM

I find it odd that people assume he'll do the same things with Superman that he did with Spider-Man.

I mean, seriously, he's so going to totally make Superman "The One" and have him bring New Krypton a thousand years in the past to defeat the Shadows.

TemporalFlux March 10 2010 03:46 AM

I give it a year before they call in Geoff "Didn't I Just Clean Up This Mess?!" Johns.

shivkala March 10 2010 04:03 AM

Is Rucka going to continue on Action Comics after "War of the Supermen"? I thought Geoff had said he and Gary Frank would return, after Secret Origins is finished.

Mr Light March 10 2010 04:18 AM

I predict forthcoming storylines about advanced alien cultures and ancient gods interfering with mankind's development. :D

Mike Farley March 10 2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

shivkala wrote: (Post 3903587)
Is Rucka going to continue on Action Comics after "War of the Supermen"? I thought Geoff had said he and Gary Frank would return, after Secret Origins is finished.

Marc Guggenheim is taking over Action Comics. I don't think they've announced an artists yet. Hopefully Sterling Gates and Jamal Igle will continue on Supergirl.

Johns and Frank will be doing the Batman: Earth One OGN and, at least for now, will not be returning to the Superman line. Sad since the books floundered after Johns left the regular titles.

Bad Bishop March 10 2010 06:04 PM

This is surprising. I expected Gail Simone to remain as writer on Wonder Woman for a long time. I'll be interested in JMS' approach to Superman.