The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=115775)

cylkoth March 2 2010 11:17 PM

Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
Teen Iron Man has gained a 2nd season, courtesy of production partners DQE, Marvel Animation and Method Animation.

Quote:

HYDERABAD, India, March 2, 2010/PRNewswire-FirstCall/ DQE, the animation, gaming, live action entertainment Production and Distribution Company, in collaboration with their co-production partners Marvel Animation and Method Animation, are pleased to announce they will co-produce 26 all-new episodes for a second season of the popular animated series Iron Man.
The first season of Iron Man: Armored Adventures debuted in the United States on Nicktoons Network in April 2009 to both critical and audience acclaim, with the hour-long premiere event becoming the highest rated original series premiere in Nicktoons history. While the incredibly successful first season continues to air on broadcasters throughout the world, DQ Entertainment, Marvel Animation and Method Animation have announced they will co-produce 26 all-new episodes for a second season of the popular animated series at a multi million Euro production budget.


http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/02...d-season/43528

While I'm not all that crazy about the particular style of CG the show's using-I can't really stand the slick, video-ish look of the characters, completely lacking any texture, I'll admit the show slowly won me over as it progressed. Watched it online at Nicktoons' site, and am re-watching on dvd (thanks to NetFlix). The background designs and cgi however are wonderful. I do wish they could convert the video to look like film, it might give the characters a little more weigh.

Bring on season two!

Christopher March 2 2010 11:44 PM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
So now we know Iron Man and Wolverine and the X-Men are getting renewals, but no word on the one I want back the most, The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Mr Light March 3 2010 01:14 AM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
I've been catching the occasional Iron Man in the mornings and I'm finding it extremely forgettable and the human animation is just creepy and awful. Still don't like the idea of teenage Tony. Yeah Spider-Man is far and away the best superhero toon on now, they really need to renew it!!! Do we know if it got good ratings?

Davros March 3 2010 01:29 AM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
The teen Tony keeps me away from this show.

Out Of My Vulcan Mind March 3 2010 03:06 AM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
This makes Iron Man: Armored Adventures the first Marvel animated series outside of shows featuring Spider-Man or the X-Men to run for more than 26 episodes.

Leroy March 3 2010 05:25 AM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
They need to cancel this show and give us a real Iron Man cartoon with continuity faithful to the comics, an adult Iron Man, and traditional animation inspired by Bob Layton's art.

Cmndr J Crichton March 3 2010 07:13 AM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
/\I'm surprised they didn't do that considering the success of the first Iron Man Movie. Tony was never a teen when he wore the armor. If they needed a kid to connect to their target audience, why not have a teen sidekick, a genius like Tony was at his age, repairing armor, and occasionally getting Iron Man out of trouble. I never watched this show because of this. Spider-man is different. He was always a freshman in high school when he became a superhero.

Christopher March 3 2010 03:47 PM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
Quote:

Cmndr J Crichton wrote: (Post 3884017)
/\I'm surprised they didn't do that considering the success of the first Iron Man Movie.

I believe the show was in development before the movie came out.

And how hackneyed is the idea of a teen sidekick? I guarantee you that if that had been done, it would get even more fan protest than this has, because it would be something blatantly tacked onto the premise for kid appeal, something that didn't fit. At least IM:AA is still the same basic dynamic -- it's about Tony Stark, Jim Rhodes, and Pepper Potts as the core heroes. They're just younger, is all.

Yes, IM:AA is a variation on the familiar theme, but that doesn't mean it can't be worthwhile. Just think of it as an alternate universe, a What If..? story: What if Tony Stark had become Iron Man as a teen?

Captain Craig March 3 2010 04:09 PM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 3882960)
So now we know Iron Man and Wolverine and the X-Men are getting renewals, but no word on the one I want back the most, The Spectacular Spider-Man.

Wow, really? They've yet to renew Spec Spidey, I would have thought its renewal would be a slam dunk decision to renew. Wonder what the hold up is?
It can't be the Disney/Marvel merger is IM:AA is moving forward cause that would've been my first guess.

Christopher March 3 2010 04:24 PM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3884582)
Wow, really? They've yet to renew Spec Spidey, I would have thought its renewal would be a slam dunk decision to renew. Wonder what the hold up is?
It can't be the Disney/Marvel merger is IM:AA is moving forward cause that would've been my first guess.

What I heard is that in order to retain the movie rights to Spidey after the merger, Sony gave up the TV rights in exchange, so now they belong solely to Disney. And that means that the only way SSM will get a third season is if Disney XD wants to produce and air it. So the corporate reshuffling apparently has caused some delay.

IM:AA is a different matter, since its rights were with Marvel to begin with, so the merger doesn't affect it.

thumbtack March 4 2010 09:45 PM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
How is Brave & Bold doing? Has it been renewed?

Out Of My Vulcan Mind March 4 2010 09:49 PM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
Quote:

thumbtack wrote: (Post 3888485)
How is Brave & Bold doing? Has it been renewed?

It's currently airing its 26-episode second season (bringing the number of episodes to 52) and an animation blog recently passed along news that it's been renewed for a 13-episode third season, although that hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

Captain Craig March 4 2010 11:18 PM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
Quote:

Christopher wrote: (Post 3884619)
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3884582)
Wow, really? They've yet to renew Spec Spidey, I would have thought its renewal would be a slam dunk decision to renew. Wonder what the hold up is?
It can't be the Disney/Marvel merger is IM:AA is moving forward cause that would've been my first guess.

What I heard is that in order to retain the movie rights to Spidey after the merger, Sony gave up the TV rights in exchange, so now they belong solely to Disney. And that means that the only way SSM will get a third season is if Disney XD wants to produce and air it. So the corporate reshuffling apparently has caused some delay.

IM:AA is a different matter, since its rights were with Marvel to begin with, so the merger doesn't affect it.

This link is entirely about Disney launching an Avengers cartoon. However, at the very, very bottom it mentions still producing Spectacular Spiderman. So I see two ways to view it. One, its still considered being produced for another season until otherwise noted or Two, official cancellation news just hasn't been announced. Lets hope for the former.

Quote:

Out Of My Vulcan Mind wrote: (Post 3888504)
Quote:

thumbtack wrote: (Post 3888485)
How is Brave & Bold doing? Has it been renewed?

It's currently airing its 26-episode second season (bringing the number of episodes to 52) and an animation blog recently passed along news that it's been renewed for a 13-episode third season, although that hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

Ah, the 'magical' 65 episodes for syndication. So the question then would be is this third season B&B last?
Seems if it wasn't going to be and the 65 number wasn't important that they would just do another 26 episodes.

Out Of My Vulcan Mind March 4 2010 11:34 PM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3888816)
This link is entirely about Disney launching an Avengers cartoon. However, at the very, very bottom it mentions still producing Spectacular Spiderman. So I see two ways to view it. One, its still considered being produced for another season until otherwise noted or Two, official cancellation news just hasn't been announced. Lets hope for the former.

Disney just had their upfront presentation of their upcoming slate of shows (that's where the scheduling news for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was released) and there was no mention of Spectacular Spider-Man. I guess there's still hope as long as they haven't officially announced a cancellation, but it's not looking good.

Quote:

Ah, the 'magical' 65 episodes for syndication. So the question then would be is this third season B&B last?
Seems if it wasn't going to be and the 65 number wasn't important that they would just do another 26 episodes.
I assume it'll wrap up production after 65 episodes, like Teen Titans and The Batman did, especially since they have Young Justice and (probably) Green Lantern in the pipeline.

Christopher March 5 2010 02:29 AM

Re: Iron Man: Armored Adventures gets 2nd Season
 
Quote:

Captain Craig wrote: (Post 3888816)
This link is entirely about Disney launching an Avengers cartoon. However, at the very, very bottom it mentions still producing Spectacular Spiderman.

It doesn't say anything about producing The Spectacular Spider-Man. It only says that the cable channel Disney XD currently "showcases" (i.e. airs) SSM, along with reruns of older Marvel shows like Fantastic Four and Iron Man. (They must mean reruns of the '90s IM series, since Armored Adventures airs on Nicktoons.)


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.