The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron game trailer (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=113516)

Johnny Rico January 28 2010 11:45 PM

TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron game trailer

New Transformers game NOT based on the movies, but a more modern G1 look, as if the cartoon was made today instead of 1983.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/vi...trailer-113329

Looks bad-ass.

Aragorn January 29 2010 12:51 AM

Re: TRANSFORMERS: War for Cybertron game trailer

Since it's not a movie tie-in rushed to be released, I have some hope for it, even though it's from the same company that made the two Transformers movie games.

DBR January 29 2010 02:26 AM

Wicked! That looks like the Transformers movie I wanted!

Kibbin January 29 2010 06:46 AM

I've got to say looking at this I'm getting quite excited, probably won't get my hopes up too much, the last half decent Transformers game we got was Armada for the PS2.

Gep Malakai January 29 2010 08:32 AM

I'm intrigued by how they seem to have adopted some ideas from Transformers Animated and added them into the G1-style continuity; i.e., Optimus using an axe, the Decepticons being flying machines while the Autobots are ground-based vehicles, etc. Even the designs look like they borrowed a little from the cartoon.

Corran Horn January 29 2010 09:00 PM

Quote:

Gep Malakai wrote: (Post 3794485)
I'm intrigued by how they seem to have adopted some ideas from Transformers Animated and added them into the G1-style continuity; i.e., Optimus using an axe, the Decepticons being flying machines while the Autobots are ground-based vehicles, etc. Even the designs look like they borrowed a little from the cartoon.

Both were parts of the G1 animated series. Prime had an energy axe which came out of his arm in place of his hand. At various times Autobots could or could not fly, and it was variously important or unimportant that Powerglide and the Aerialbots could fly/transform into planes.

Jono January 30 2010 05:00 AM

It will be interesting to see what the gameplay will look like. Seems they are setting it right near the beginning of Optimus's reign. Might seem silly for a game that will have transforming robots but I hope they get a good story going.

B.J. January 30 2010 06:29 PM

That.... look awesome! I love the fact that (and this was my only nitpick of the live-action movies) you can tell who the different characters are with just a glance.

USS Mariner January 30 2010 10:37 PM

Wow. Looks half-way awesome.

billcosby February 1 2010 09:12 AM

This does look good, but dammit, SHOCKWAVE had better be in it!! :klingon:

He is the pimp daddy of Cybertron and I will be disturbed if he doesn't at least have a supporting role in this.

[Shrug]. I'm still getting it anyway...

SpeedRacer February 6 2010 10:36 PM

If the game is half as awesome as that trailer...we're in for a pretty badass game.

billcosby February 7 2010 04:08 AM

Well my nerdrage has subsided with the news Shockwave will be available as a download for multiplayer - nice.

Now all we need is a release date... and a region free confirmation would be nice, too! :D

John Picard February 7 2010 04:13 AM

I am not into gaming, yet I just got a chub off of that.

billcosby February 7 2010 08:08 AM

^^ :D

Actually, the game looks great... the characters are looking like what most 80s fans wanted in the Bayformers movies, sleek robots with little exposed areas unlike the "insectbots" that Bay gave us.

I do enjoy the Bay films but wonder what they'd be like if the robots resembled G1 just a bit more... especially the Decepticons. I think the movie Autobots look fine, IMHO.

Got my fingers crossed that this is a summer release!

Jono February 7 2010 08:58 AM

I've seen the 22nd of June (Wikipedia) and the 22nd of July (TF wiki) as release dates for this game.

The trailer looks good but we won't be able to tell anything about the game until we start seeing some gameplay. I'd forego cutting edge graphics and glitzy cinematics for quality gameplay and story any day of the week.