The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Productions (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Project: Potemkin, a Star Trek Fan Film (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=112212)

Potemkin_Prod January 11 2010 06:30 PM

Project: Potemkin, a Star Trek Fan Film

Project Potemkin
http://www.projectpotemkin.com

live action cast: TBD (casting to begin in march/april)
characters: original crew will depend on the actors cast in the roles
characterizations: TBD

sets: physical (construction is about to begin)
quality: TBD (backlit acetates will provide the majority of consoles)
costuming: TBD (working with a seamstress now on the tunics)

special effects: TBD (yet to be discussed)

base of operations: Georgia

setting: U.S.S. Potemkin, NCC-1711; The Undiscovered Country-era time frame

music: TBD (yet to be discussed)

ease of navigation: n/a
content: announcement & article on bridge

notes:
interested individuals should contact us at producer@projectpotemkin.com for more information.

Other production notes:
* Series will be emphasizing science fiction concepts, much as the first season of Star Trek did.
* Volunteers sought for every stage of development.
* Fred Dixon has joined the team as a series consultant.

Tom January 11 2010 06:33 PM

Re: New Star Trek Fan Film

Good to hear, I wish you guys all the best, these things can be quite an untertaking but definetly worth it when it's done.

Picard Alpha January 12 2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Potemkin_Prod wrote: (Post 3743286)
Project Potemkin
http://www.projectpotemkin.com

live action cast: TBD (casting to begin in march/april)
characters: original crew will depend on the actors cast in the roles
characterizations: TBD

sets: physical (construction is about to begin)
quality: TBD (backlit acetates will provide the majority of consoles)
costuming: TBD (working with a seamstress now on the tunics)

special effects: TBD (yet to be discussed)

base of operations: Georgia

setting: U.S.S. Potemkin, NCC-1711; The Undiscovered Country-era time frame

music: TBD (yet to be discussed)

ease of navigation: n/a
content: announcement & article on bridge

notes:
interested individuals should contact us at producer@projectpotemkin.com for more information.

Other production notes:
* Series will be emphasizing science fiction concepts, much as the first season of Star Trek did.
* Volunteers sought for every stage of development.
* Fred Dixon has joined the team as a series consultant.

Looks like quite the undertaking, let me know if you ever need any help or advice!

youtube.com/ryanthewebber

Potemkin_Prod January 12 2010 06:32 PM

Thanks! Right now, we're searching for the right location. It's slow going. No one wants to show warehouses when it's 31F outside. :)

Barbreader January 13 2010 02:40 AM

You have been noted on my webpage for fan film groups that have not yet produced a fan film, vis: http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/143.html , see (Z).

stonester1 January 13 2010 11:46 PM

Definitely interested in helping out on this one, as I live in Georgia (Ft Benning)...

gastrof January 14 2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Potemkin_Prod wrote: (Post 3743286)
Project Potemkin

http://www.projectpotemkin.com ...

Hmmm...

"The website declined to show this webpage"

And then...

>More information
This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that this program was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

Borgminister January 14 2010 07:40 AM

I can open it just fine... :confused:

Barbreader January 14 2010 01:40 PM

I just want to say I'm interested in seeing some real Sci Fi (as opposed to Fantasy) work. That was what, for me and most of my in-person friends, made Trek special.

Potemkin_Prod January 14 2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

stonester1 wrote: (Post 3751469)
Definitely interested in helping out on this one, as I live in Georgia (Ft Benning)...

Would love to have your help. We're scouting locations this week with an eye on construction to begin in February.

Quote:

gastrof wrote: (Post 3752594)
Hmmm...
"The website declined to show this webpage"
And then...
>More information
This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that this program was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

Sorry to hear you're having problems, but I've checked it every few hours and it's fine.

Quote:

Barbreader wrote: (Post 3752911)
I just want to say I'm interested in seeing some real Sci Fi (as opposed to Fantasy) work. That was what, for me and most of my in-person friends, made Trek special.

Yes. Think of Star Trek in science fiction terms, and you'll have our concept pretty nailed down.

We updated the website a few nights ago, and we'll have another update this weekend or Monday.

stonester1 January 14 2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Potemkin_Prod wrote: (Post 3753641)
Quote:

stonester1 wrote: (Post 3751469)

Would love to have your help. We're scouting locations this week with an eye on construction to begin in February.

Well, let me know what you need and when, as well as your general schedule. I plan on taking leave from mid March to mid April, but can modify if needed. Also, I'd like to try out for the cast, and again, if needed, let me know what I need to do so, such as getting a uniform ready and what not.

I sent you an email, but if you didn't get it, I can send again.

vedek January 15 2010 08:04 PM

Any production is an undertaking, I know...I worked on Starship Exeter - The Tressaurian Intersection. It wasn't cold working on that gig, quite the contrary, it was 109 degrees during the days when we built sets. We worked at Austin Studios in an old Airplane hangar, even at night it was over 90.

Potemkin_Prod January 20 2010 05:49 PM

Quote:

vedek wrote: (Post 3757095)
It wasn't cold working on that gig, quite the contrary, it was 109 degrees during the days when we built sets. We worked at Austin Studios in an old Airplane hangar, even at night it was over 90.

Yesterday, I finally got into the warehouse that we're likely to use. Looks good. Oddly square, which facilitates the bridge set, I suppose. No heat, no air conditioning, but a nice, high roof that should help tremendously. No leaks, and a security fence with parking for at least two dozen cars.

Right now, we're looking for a few more donations so we can upgrade the electrical service. Hopefully, those will be forthcoming, and we can get things rolling. We don't want to start construction until we know we've got enough electrical outlets and all to power the lighting.

Admiral Buzzkill January 20 2010 06:21 PM

Electrical demands are a bitch. If you use halogen lighting equipment rather than tungsten it's not as bad, but that's only in relative terms.

Heating and air conditioning - you can't run them when the camera's rolling anyway. :lol:

Potemkin_Prod January 20 2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Dennis wrote: (Post 3771353)
Electrical demands are a bitch. If you use halogen lighting equipment rather than tungsten it's not as bad, but that's only in relative terms.

What kind of service did your facility have, Dennis? We're thinking we need to bump ours up to 200.

Quote:

Heating and air conditioning - you can't run them when the camera's rolling anyway. :lol:
No, and my wife pointed out to me that there's a railroad track only a couple of hundred yards away from the set. We're going to have to go there on a Saturday and see what the RR traffic's going to be like.

R