The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Why wasn't there a music video of 'Sabatoge' filmed? (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=109827)

Dusty Ayres December 7 2009 07:19 AM

Why wasn't there a music video of 'Sabatoge' filmed?

I would like to have seen a new music video of 'Sabotage' filmed with the Beastie Boys in it dressed in Starfleet uniforms and with occasional clips from the movie seen throughout-just like a lot of music videos featuring songs from a film as seen in the '80's!

Examples include:

Eurythmics-Sex Crime (1984)

The Pointer Sisters-Neutron Dance(Beverly Hill Cop)

The Heat Is On [Beverly Hills Cop] - Glenn Frey

Cyndi Lauper - Goonies 'R' Good Enough(The Goonies)

U2 - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me(Batman Forever)

Paul McCartney - Spies Like Us(Spies Like Us)

And best of all, Star Trek would have got a MTV MVA for Best Song From A Movie (Based On A Movie) and the Beastie Boys would have seen their song get popular again-because it was in a popular movie!:)

Good idea, or bad idea?

startrekrcks December 7 2009 08:16 AM

Re: Why wasn't there a music video of 'Sabatoge' filmed?

Maybe they didn't have time or the right people but I think a music video for the film would have been a good idea like Nickleback did one for Spiderman.

Shazam! December 7 2009 08:57 AM

Quote:

Dusty Ayres wrote: (Post 3648689)
I would like to have seen a new music video of 'Sabotage' filmed with the Beastie Boys in it dressed in Starfleet uniforms and with occasional clips from the movie seen throughout-just like a lot of music videos featuring songs from a film as seen in the '80's!

Examples include:

And best of all, Star Trek would have got a MTV MVA for Best Song From A Movie (Based On A Movie) and the Beastie Boys would have seen their song get popular again-because it was in a popular movie!:)

Good idea, or bad idea?

: |

SheliakBob December 7 2009 10:28 AM

I would probably have to feign outrage, but I think I would've actually gotten a bit of a giggle out of a new, Trekified Beastie Boys video.
Not a big fan to start with, but the idea would've lent itself to all sorts of fun visuals.

Dusty Ayres December 7 2009 12:47 PM

Quote:

Shazam! wrote: (Post 3648773)
Quote:

Dusty Ayres wrote: (Post 3648689)

Examples include:

Good idea, or bad idea?

: |

As usual, a grouch. What else is new?:lol:

Quote:

startrekrcks wrote: (Post 3648737)
Maybe they didn't have time or the right people but I think a music video for the film would have been a good idea like Nickleback did one for Spider-Man.

That's the spirit!:)

Quote:

SheliakBob wrote: (Post 3648847)
I would probably have to feign outrage, but I think I would've actually gotten a bit of a giggle out of a new, Trekified Beastie Boys video.
Not a big fan to start with, but the idea would've lent itself to all sorts of fun visuals.

Hey, at least you understand it.:)

startrekrcks December 7 2009 06:33 PM

Do you like the Spiderman music video for the movie it is awesome

GhostFaceSaint December 7 2009 06:40 PM

I never did watch the Nickelback music video for Spiderman, but if they had done a music video for this movie I would liked to have seen Nickelback cover When the Levee Breaks, it would have been a good selection for this movie as a music video.

MvRojo December 7 2009 06:42 PM

Probably because the song is 15 years old.

GhostFaceSaint December 7 2009 06:46 PM

I am actually talking about Led Zeppelins original when the Levee breaks which is older than that.

KottenFutz December 7 2009 07:42 PM

The Beasties actually did dress up in Classic Trek uniforms for one of their videos, for the song "ch-check it out" I think. They ran around a modern street like they went back in time, chased around a bit, then ended up killing each other with phasers. Kooky stuff.

They are big Trek fans, and often reference the show in their lyrics.

M'Sharak December 8 2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

KottenFutz wrote: (Post 3649839)
The Beasties actually did dress up in Classic Trek uniforms for one of their videos, for the song "ch-check it out" I think.

Yup.

urbandk December 8 2009 12:45 AM

It's an old song. It's not on the soundtrack and isn't promoted as such. It was a nice nod to the Beastie Boys, but honestly, Sabotage already has a classic Spike Jonze video.

Myasishchev December 8 2009 01:04 AM

Quote:

KottenFutz wrote: (Post 3649839)
The Beasties actually did dress up in Classic Trek uniforms for one of their videos, for the song "ch-check it out" I think. They ran around a modern street like they went back in time, chased around a bit, then ended up killing each other with phasers. Kooky stuff.

They are big Trek fans, and often reference the show in their lyrics.

Like a pinch on the neck from Mis-ter Spock.