The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Movies XI+ (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Do you think T'Pol... (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=108001)

Puritan November 12 2009 06:46 AM

Do you think T'Pol...

... survived the destruction of Vulcan?

There are less than ten thousand Vulcans left... they are now an endangered species. Do you think T'Pol would be one of them? At the time of Vulcan's destruction, she'd still be a spry 170, plenty young enough to still be around. Maybe an appearance in Star Trek (X)II? (Probably too fanboyish for a movie, but it'd fit right in if nuTrek were a weekly series...)

MvRojo November 12 2009 06:49 AM

Re: Do you think T'Pol...

She probably wasn't on Vulcan. She seemed pretty assimilated into human culture, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's on Earth or some ambassador somewhere.

Jeri November 12 2009 06:53 AM

There were probably Vulcans turning their noses down at her, as well. Life would have been nicer elsewhere. I liked her alot; I'd love to see her again.

urbandk November 12 2009 07:12 AM

I hope she makes it into a future trek movie.

STIntergalactic November 12 2009 07:18 AM

If T'Pol isn't in Star Trek XII, I'm going to boycott it.

Phily B November 12 2009 07:18 AM

I hope she was, along with everything and everyone involved in that abomination of a tv show.

urbandk November 12 2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

STIntergalactic wrote: (Post 3574980)
If T'Pol isn't in Star Trek XII, I'm going to boycott it.

Yeah, boycott threat, right here! :rommie:

Quote:

Phily B wrote: (Post 3574981)
I hope she was, along with everything and everyone involved in that abomination of a tv show.

:rolleyes:

Alientraveller November 12 2009 09:58 AM

I think it'd be difficult to get Jolene Blalock back and to put her in makeup. Better to have T'Pau cameo with old Spock.

Mach5 November 12 2009 10:39 AM

Quote:

That "abomination" is the only remnant of old Trek still present in Abramsverse continuity, I remind you.

Phily B November 12 2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Mach5 wrote: (Post 3575168)
Quote:

That "abomination" is the only remnant of old Trek still present in Abramsverse continuity, I remind you.

Old Spock. Enterprise killed Star Trek on TV, it should be kept away from the reboot.

teacake November 12 2009 12:22 PM

"Enterprise was a great show.. but that was another life."

Yes T'Pol was a very flawed Vulcan who found living among other races to be a relief. I think she is a prime candidate for not being on Vulcan during it's destruction. If we saw her in STXII I would be supremely happy. For one thing I would like to know what she was doing at that age! (With Trip long dead..)

skep155 November 12 2009 12:30 PM

I find it highly unlikely that theres just 10,000 Vulcans left, i think it meant that 10,000 managed to escape Vulcan before the planet was destroyed.

Mach5 November 12 2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 3575251)
(With Trip long dead..)

I object! :D

The novels show Trip being alive in 2238. And I don't give a flying f#ck about it not being canon.

teacake November 12 2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Mach5 wrote: (Post 3575259)
Quote:

teacake wrote: (Post 3575251)
(With Trip long dead..)

I object! :D

The novels show Trip being alive in 2238. And I don't give a flying f#ck about it not being canon.

I'm guilty of bleeping over dates. How old was he supposed to be then?? I just assumed he had died by TOS time (not assumed he died in TATV which as we all know is not true.)

Shazam! November 12 2009 12:50 PM

A T'pol cameo is far more logical than a Willam Shatner/Old Kirk cameo.