The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Happy Halloween (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=107082)

Dar70 October 31 2009 12:45 PM

Happy Halloween

Hope everyone has a good halloween tonight. Im just going to do what I do every year. Sit in front of the tv, with Turner Classic movies on and pass out candy. Have to get my pumpkin carved and maybe roast the seeds tonight.

Finn October 31 2009 01:23 PM

Re: Happy Halloween

I had surgery last night so we are going to take it easy today, a bit of studying then a movie, eating out for lunch then watching the world series (Go Phillies! My family...at least my Dad's side will disown me if I root for the Yankees).

Zion Ravescene October 31 2009 01:41 PM

Just to get everyone in the mood....

Jadzia October 31 2009 02:04 PM

At halloween I'm always reminded of Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. One of my favourite films. :) For the past 10 years or so, it's been my thing to watch this through on Christmas eve... and the Snowman film the day after. I have them both on VHS just incase Channel 4 lets me down :bolian:

Zion Ravescene October 31 2009 02:07 PM

I've only ever seen TNBC twice, and it was only a few years ago when I first saw it. The Snowman, however, for me has been a Crimbo fixture ever since it was first shown in Channel 4.

Anyway, as for Halloween plans, I don't really have any plans this year. Will probably stay in and nurse this cough I've been suffering from.

cultcross October 31 2009 05:05 PM

I leave for work in 40 minutes for our busiest night of the year, at least it's not so brass-monkey cold as it was last year. brrr.

sidious618 October 31 2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

cultcross wrote: (Post 3537274)
I leave for work in 40 minutes for our busiest night of the year, at least it's not so brass-monkey cold as it was last year. brrr.

I'm going to fly over to Bristol and egg you and then run away screming, "It was a chav, I swear!"

opali October 31 2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Count Darcula70 wrote: (Post 3536870)
Hope everyone has a good halloween tonight. Im just going to do what I do every year. Sit in front of the tv, with Turner Classic movies on and pass out candy. Have to get my pumpkin carved and maybe roast the seeds tonight.

I love roasted pumpkin seeds..yum.

After taking my kids out for Tricks or Treats, I'll be dropping them at their dad's.

Then I will wander over to Tir na nOg for a yummy Guinness and good music...I'll be incognito as a Victorian Lady complete with a lovely feathered mask so if you see me, stop and say hello. :)

Daneel October 31 2009 07:17 PM

I'll be scaring guests at Canada's Wonderland for our annual Halloween Haunt event... I expect we'll be pretty busy tonight... not so much tomorrow (yep, we're still open on the 1st).

Hope everyone has fun tonight with whatever they're doing! :techman:

RJDiogenes October 31 2009 07:24 PM

Happy Halloween, everyone. http://home.comcast.net/%7ERJDiogenes/lolpumpkin.gif

I'll be continuing my Halloween Marathon of books and DVDs. There's also a couple of things on TCM that I want to see.

Love that "Raven" clip. :cool:

WillsBabe October 31 2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

cultcross wrote: (Post 3537274)

Good luck on the mean streets!

Kestra October 31 2009 07:55 PM

Happy Halloween everyone! :)

I'm just making last-minute arrangements for our murder-mystery dinner tonight. I hope I'm not the killer!

nevermore October 31 2009 08:50 PM

A bunch of us are dressing up as characters from Twin Peaks and going to see a band that covers the music from David Lynch productions. In addition, all the bars in the neighborhood are having different events (all with no cover charges!) including a dead celebrity ball, a grateful dead tribute band playing a zombie party, a comic book heroes and villains costume contest, an Edgar Allen Poe interpretor doing the Tell-Tale Heart (unfortunately NOT John Astin this year :() and a haunted hayride to shuttle people between bars.

Though it's not the biggest Halloween celebration in the city, it should be better and less fratty than the others. :techman:

Dar70 October 31 2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

RJDemonicus wrote: (Post 3537573)
Happy Halloween, everyone. http://home.comcast.net/%7ERJDiogenes/lolpumpkin.gif

I'll be continuing my Halloween Marathon of books and DVDs. There's also a couple of things on TCM that I want to see.

Love that "Raven" clip. :cool:

Glad Im not the only one watching TCM tonight.:techman: I believe there is an essential with Robert Osbourne and Alec Balwin at 8:00

Maestro October 31 2009 11:59 PM

I have CDs of angry Bach organ music playing (with a speaker outside), candles lit, and a talking skull on the porch (we call him Bob). Only seen 6 trick or treaters so far. Stupid HS Volleyball team is playing in the Sectional final tonight, so the town is a bit of a ... wait for it ... GHOST TOWN!

And I'm dressed as Captain Jack Harkness.