The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Science Fiction & Fantasy (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   SyFy to air the original V this Sunday! (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=106765)

Chris3123 October 27 2009 01:31 PM

SyFy to air the original V this Sunday!

SyFy will be airing the entirety of the V saga over three days, beginning Sunday.

On Sunday, beginning at 1pm EST, SyFy will be airing the V miniseries and V: The Final Battle back to back. And on Monday and Tuesday the V tv show will be shown. I've never seen any V before, though I've always wanted to. Now I get a chance!

So, if anyone wants to see some original V, watch/set DVRs for SyFy on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. :techman:

Vendikarr October 27 2009 03:43 PM

Re: SyFy to air the original V this Sunday!

Quote:

Chris3123 wrote: (Post 3524249)
I was flipping through the upcoming week's listings, and man was I very pleasantly surprised when I got to Sunday. Beginning at 1pm EST, SyFy will be airing the V miniseries and V: The Final Battle! :eek: From what I've read there's also a tv series following TFB, but SyFy isn't airing that, unfortunately. Still, it's the original V airing on TV, not something that happens too often. I've never seen any V before, though I've always wanted to. Now I get a chance!

So, if anyone wants to see some original V, watch SyFy on Sunday, beginning at 1pm EST! :techman:

Actually Syfy is airing the V series as their daily marathons on Monday and Tuesday.

Trying to whet our appetites for the new ABC series.

Chris3123 October 27 2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Vendikarr wrote: (Post 3524549)
Quote:

I was flipping through the upcoming week's listings, and man was I very pleasantly surprised when I got to Sunday. Beginning at 1pm EST, SyFy will be airing the V miniseries and V: The Final Battle! :eek: From what I've read there's also a tv series following TFB, but SyFy isn't airing that, unfortunately. Still, it's the original V airing on TV, not something that happens too often. I've never seen any V before, though I've always wanted to. Now I get a chance!

So, if anyone wants to see some original V, watch SyFy on Sunday, beginning at 1pm EST! :techman:

Actually Syfy is airing the V series as their daily marathons on Monday and Tuesday.

Trying to whet our appetites for the new ABC series.

Oops, I must have missed that. Well, there you go. The entirety of V in three days, even better!

I edited my original post to include the series.

jefferiestubes8 October 27 2009 03:59 PM

When "V" miniseries came out on DVD I rented it on Netflix. That have it telecined at 1.85:1 aspect ratio and on the director's commentary he tells how they framed for 4:3 and protected for 1.85:1 (a little wider than current 'widescreen 16:9). It really gives it a better look 'more cinematic'.

I wonder if SyFy HD will air will air it from an HD telecine or just upconvert?
I also wonder if the standard def. channel will letterbox it.

Leroy October 27 2009 04:09 PM

I'm glad they're not airing the TV series it was terrible. I'm a fan of the first mini and the Final Battle (sort of). I wish Kenneth Johnson could get V the second generation off the ground.

Vendikarr October 27 2009 04:10 PM

Just a note, the Syfy schedule doesn't show it airing on Monday and Tuesday, but my TiVo programming guide does. The Syfy schedule doesn't show either miniseries on Sunday either, so I think they had a schedule change but never updated the website.

Chris3123 October 27 2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Leroy wrote: (Post 3524622)
I'm glad they're not airing the TV series it was terrible.

Actually, they are. On Monday and Tuesday.

Mistral October 27 2009 07:16 PM

Hmm, I may have to watch this again. *checks supply of Jack Daniels and Valium* Yeah, I think I have what I need to get through Marc Singer's acting.

Mr. Laser Beam October 27 2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Mistral wrote: (Post 3525210)
*checks supply of Jack Daniels and Valium* Yeah, I think I have what I need to get through Marc Singer's acting.

:guffaw: :guffaw:

cylkoth October 27 2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Vendikarr wrote: (Post 3524625)
Just a note, the Syfy schedule doesn't show it airing on Monday and Tuesday, but my TiVo programming guide does. The Syfy schedule doesn't show either miniseries on Sunday either, so I think they had a schedule change but never updated the website.

Zap2it's listing also show V The Series airing Monday and Tuesday. Just thankful Halloween month will be over, so the schedule can return to normal.

Mistral October 27 2009 09:04 PM

Quote:

cylkoth wrote: (Post 3525300)
Quote:

Vendikarr wrote: (Post 3524625)

Zap2it's listing also show V The Series airing Monday and Tuesday. Just thankful Halloween month will be over, so the schedule can return to normal.

Oh, yeah, can't wait for more episodes of Real Ghost Hunters. Man, I live for that!:shifty:

bigdaddy October 27 2009 09:14 PM

Sci-fi Channel should have picked up V The Remake, would last longer than on ABC.

ManOnTheWave October 27 2009 09:21 PM

^^:lol:

But seriously, I'll have to set the DVR.

KB24 October 28 2009 12:42 AM

Sweet of Syfy to show a classic SCI FI show. I have to say, though, that I probably won't be watching. I have the V DVDs. Maybe Syfy should rate there viewers in the marathon though. If enough people tune in, maybe they'll realize our serious need for a proper sf channel with all the staples. Are they breaking the marathon for their precious wrestling?! And Syfy is an NBC Universal channel still, right? Would they want to hype an ABC remake?

Argus Skyhawk October 28 2009 12:49 AM

Quote:

I've never seen any V before, though I've always wanted to. Now I get a chance!

From what I remember, I would recommend the original two-hour miniseries, but don't bother with The Final Battle or the regular series.