The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   TV & Media (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Crossovers that never happened but you wish would (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=104224)

The Borgified Corpse September 22 2009 04:54 AM

Crossovers that never happened but you wish would

A couple crossovers I had recently thought about crossing over a few recent cop dramas.

I'd love to see a Bones/Castle crossover. I think it could work, particularly since Castle & Brennan are both novelists. I think it would be funny if they knew each other from some previous literary event. Plus, it would be fun to see David Boreanaz & Nathan Fillion on screen together-- an epic battle of Joss Whedon's leading men!

I also think it would be funny to see some sort of detective team up between John Munch from Law & Order: SVU, Charlie Crews from Life, & Mr. Monk. In particular, I'd like to see Munch's conspiratorial take on Crews' wrongful imprisonment.

From longer ago, I came up with a 7 Days/X-Files crossover (with a tiny smidgen of Stargate SG-1 thrown in). Basically, Parker Backsteps to save Senator Kinsey and in the process also saves Scully. Parker & Scully start dating, so Olga starts flirting with Mulder to try to make Parker jealous. Meanwhile, Mulder & the Lone Gunmen investigate Project Backstep.

I also once tried to write a Doctor Who/Star Trek: Voyager fanfic, but that was mostly because I wanted to see the Borg fight Daleks & Cybermen and because I wanted to write a scene where the Doctor (David Tennant) meets the Doctor (EMH).

I'm not sure how yet but I'm hoping that, in some way, Mag from Dollhouse turns out to be the same person as Codex from The Guild. Also, just once, I'd like to see Wolfram & Hart show up on a list of Dollhouse clients.

What crossovers would you like to see?

thestrangequark September 22 2009 04:59 AM

Re: Crossovers that never happened but you wish would

Quote:

The Borgified Corpse wrote: (Post 3420231)
I also once tried to write a Doctor Who/Star Trek: Voyager fanfic, but that was mostly because I wanted to see the Borg fight Daleks & Cybermen and because I wanted to write a scene where the Doctor (David Tennant) meets the Doctor (EMH).

You know, I'm not a fan of Voyager at all, but this I would LOVE to see.

gh4chiefs September 22 2009 04:37 PM

Not exactly a crossover in the truest sense, but I was shocked that Tom Selleck never reprised his role of Magnum on Jag. Seems like it was the perfect opportunity to have seen the "big guy" one more time.

Broccoli September 22 2009 04:49 PM

I'd like to see an Office(UK)/Office(US) crossover.

ClayinCA September 22 2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

gh4chiefs wrote: (Post 3421248)
Not exactly a crossover in the truest sense, but I was shocked that Tom Selleck never reprised his role of Magnum on Jag. Seems like it was the perfect opportunity to have seen the "big guy" one more time.

I always wanted to see the Quantum Leap/Magnum crossover, where all of the Magnum actors would have reprised their roles. From what I've always understood, it would have happened if Quantum had had another season.

Kirkman1987 September 22 2009 05:33 PM

Yeah, The Quantum Leap/Magnum crossover would have been good.

I always wanted a X-files/Twin Peaks crossover, which I think Was actually considered, but fell through for some reason.

And I think a lot of 80's action shows could've done cool crossovers. Imagine if Micheal Knight and Howling Mad Murdock teamed up. Stupid perhaps, but I'd watch it.

Caliburn24 September 22 2009 05:47 PM

Thomas Magnum on JAG would have been perfect and a sort of passing of the torch for Bellasario's leading men. The plot writes itself...Magnum working for Navel Intelligence somehow gets entangled in a JAG case...too easy.

And just for kicks I always thought it would have been fun if Greg House got sued for one of the shenanigans he does and ends up hiring Alan Shore and Denny Crane to defend him...the dialogue between Shatner, Laurie and Spader would have been amazing.

Zachary Smith September 22 2009 05:48 PM

"Mr. Monk Meets the Detective" --A Monk/Columbo crossover, with a "special appearance" by Simon Baker as "Patrick Jane" from "The Mentalist".

Mistral September 22 2009 05:53 PM

Xfiles/Fringe-can you imagine the Lone Gunmen meeting Peter's father?:guffaw:

Icemizer September 22 2009 06:01 PM

The Shield/Sons of Anarchy. Vic brought in by the F.B.I to deal with a situation beyond a regular agents ability to cope.

Zachary Smith September 22 2009 06:14 PM

"Lost in Space", "Land of the Giants" and "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea". And, since they were set in different time-periods, perhaps it would all be facilitated by use of "The Time Tunnel".

CmdrAJD September 22 2009 06:31 PM

Since the characters were already in the same universe anyway, I kept hoping that John Cage from "Ally McBeal" would show up in "Boston Legal." He would have fit in nicely.

Captaindemotion September 22 2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

CmdrAJD wrote: (Post 3421653)
Since the characters were already in the same universe anyway, I kept hoping that John Cage from "Ally McBeal" would show up in "Boston Legal." He would have fit in nicely.

Yeah, I was disappointed when Peter McNichol appeared in BL but as a different character. Totally wasted opportunity, IMHO.

Aragorn September 22 2009 06:47 PM

There was an episode synopsis about a Law & Order crossover between CI and SVU where Logan appears on SVU, but it never happened. :(

tharpdevenport September 22 2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

ClayinCA wrote: (Post 3421386)
Quote:

gh4chiefs wrote: (Post 3421248)

I always wanted to see the Quantum Leap/Magnum crossover, where all of the Magnum actors would have reprised their roles. From what I've always understood, it would have happened if Quantum had had another season.

Would never have happened as they already pointed out "Magnum, pi" is a TV show, in QL. There was an episode where he found himself as the mother ( or father?) or two kids, and after pulling up to the house the girl makes a comment:

Daughter: "But mom, I'll miss Magnum."
Sam: "Don't worry --it'll bee on for another eight years," with sort of a smirk.

:D

How about a "The X-Files" / First Wave" thing?

A "Columbo" / Magnum, pi" might have been cute. Example:

Columbo: Picks up some fancy art in the Masters' estate, "Oh, what is this? It's beautiful?"
Higgins: "I say -- put that down; it's an 18th century Minbg Dynasty vase. It is utterly priceless."
Columbo: "Ding?"
Higgins: "Ming."
Columbo: "My wife always wanted a fancy vase like this, but I just got butterfingers when around them."
Higgins: "All the more reason for you to leave..."