The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Cooking Abomination!! XD (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=104140)

Plecostomus September 21 2009 12:09 AM

Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
I took a package of yellow Tuna Helper and white Tuna Helper and mixed them... and I used chunk tuna in oil not flake in water. Also I didn't drain the water and I added the milk at the very end to make the boiling stop... :wtf:

In short I violated every Cooking Rule that there is apparently. The Wife... she yells. And screams. And scolds. :scream:

...yet she's on her third bowl full. :guffaw:


Any other "cooking abomination " stories out there? :D

Mr. Laser Beam September 21 2009 12:23 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
I once tried to make pudding from scratch. Epic fail.

For some reason - and to this day I have absolutely no idea how this happened - scrambled eggs appeared as if by magic. :eek: :wtf: I took that as a sign that I should never attempt this again.

I would like to hear an explanation, though. From those of you who *can* cook. How the hell do scrambled eggs appear in the middle of a pudding mixture? This was a long time ago, but I do remember I put in the exact ingredients the recipe called for. How could I have fucked up that badly? What did I do wrong? :confused:

trampledamage September 21 2009 01:11 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Not knowing what ingredients went into your pudding, my guess is you didn't mix it well enough.

If you had a well of eggs sitting by themselves when you cooked the pudding - you would get scrambled eggs out of it.

Spot's Meow September 21 2009 01:21 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Ew, that is an abomination. I actually like Tuna Helper (though I'm not sure what you mean by "white" and "yellow" kinds, all I know is that I get the Creamy Pasta flavor), but I only use chunk light in water, and drained of course. The idea of undrained tuna really disgusts me for some reason, even if it is just water.

Chaos Descending September 21 2009 01:34 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
I once squirted Sriracha hot sauce into a tin of Beach Cliff Sardines in Mustand.

Ok, so that has nothing to do with MadBaggins.

Or cooking. I meant cooking.

*eek*

Mr. Laser Beam September 21 2009 01:41 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Quote:

trampledamage wrote: (Post 3415707)
If you had a well of eggs sitting by themselves when you cooked the pudding - you would get scrambled eggs out of it.

No, it wasn't like that. I was just mixing the stuff up (eggs being one of these ingredients), following the recipe exactly as instructed, and boom, I saw little bits of scrambled egg in it. I had always assumed that to make scrambled eggs, you had to, well, scramble them! I wasn't doing that.

Alidar Jarok September 21 2009 01:44 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Quote:

Chaos Descending wrote: (Post 3415754)
I once squirted Sriracha hot sauce into a tin of Beach Cliff Sardines in Mustand.

Ok, so that has nothing to do with MadBaggins.

Or cooking. I meant cooking.

*eek*

Sriracha sauce is one of the best things ever. Not sure I would quite have that combination, however.

Plecostomus September 21 2009 01:46 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Quote:

Spot's Meow wrote: (Post 3415724)
Ew, that is an abomination. I actually like Tuna Helper (though I'm not sure what you mean by "white" and "yellow" kinds, all I know is that I get the Creamy Pasta flavor), but I only use chunk light in water, and drained of course. The idea of undrained tuna really disgusts me for some reason, even if it is just water.


Cheesy Pasta and Creamy Pasta. One is white and one is yellow.

Chaos Descending September 21 2009 01:47 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Quote:

Alidar Jarok wrote: (Post 3415785)
Sriracha sauce is one of the best things ever. Not sure I would quite have that combination, however.

I put sriracha sauce on damn near anything that could use a hot sauce. Scrambled eggs, taco bell tacos, you name it.

I also like to mash sriracha sauce into my ground beef when I cook burgers.

tharpdevenport September 21 2009 01:53 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
I cooked some Pilsbury Reese cookies on Adobo spice once. Not the greatest taste, but I lived.

Mr. Laser Beam September 21 2009 01:55 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
I like to eat cookie dough.

tharpdevenport September 21 2009 01:58 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 3415814)
I like to eat cookie dough.

Oh, hell yes. Typically, I used to eat it until I had a bad stomach.

thestrangequark September 21 2009 02:01 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
I've certainly prepared cookie dough with no intention of ever baking it. I don't think that counts as a cooking abomination, though, and I wouldn't be surprised most everyone else is also a cookie dough fiend.

I'm trying to think of a real cooking abomination of which I'm guilty...but I'm having trouble. I thought Hamburger Helper was an abomination in its own right?

Mr. Laser Beam September 21 2009 02:03 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Quote:

Tharpdevenport wrote: (Post 3415819)
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 3415814)
I like to eat cookie dough.

Oh, hell yes. Typically, I used to eat it until I had a bad stomach.

I buy it off the shelf and eat it right out of the packaging. :techman:

tsq: Hamburger Helper is not an abomination. *Not* having Hamburger Helper is an abomination. :D

trampledamage September 21 2009 02:07 AM

Re: Cooking Abomination!! XD
 
Quote:

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: (Post 3415769)
Quote:

trampledamage wrote: (Post 3415707)
If you had a well of eggs sitting by themselves when you cooked the pudding - you would get scrambled eggs out of it.

No, it wasn't like that. I was just mixing the stuff up (eggs being one of these ingredients), following the recipe exactly as instructed, and boom, I saw little bits of scrambled egg in it. I had always assumed that to make scrambled eggs, you had to, well, scramble them! I wasn't doing that.

Oh okay, it was while you were mixing? I don't know how American pudding is made - is it cooked or just mixed up and then eaten?

In which case I think the eggs curdled. It can happen when the eggs are cold. You would get what appeared to be lumps of eggs.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
FireFox 2+ or Internet Explorer 7+ highly recommended.