The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   General Trek Discussion (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Star Trek: The Last Generation (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=102996)

Unicron September 5 2009 01:28 AM

Star Trek: The Last Generation

Out of curiosity, anyone read this TPB yet? I happened to see a copy of my local Barnes & Noble, but haven't really decided whether to buy it or not. Some aspects seem interesting, but the whole story seems a little too dependent on time travel.

I'm really kind of mixed. While I like alternate history stories, there are some shades of "Yesterday's Enterprise" that seem mixed in.

T'Girl September 5 2009 03:31 AM

Re: Star Trek: The Last Generation

Just from that little blurp, it seems very 'Yesterday's Enterprise." Might still be a good read. Who's the writer?

Unicron September 5 2009 03:46 AM

Andrew Steven Harris. Seems in was first published in fall of 2008, so perhaps it's not as recent as I thought. But this was the first time I've seen copies of it.

Anwar September 5 2009 03:50 AM

Somehow K'Ehlayr and Alexander still exist in this universe, and Alexander is as much an incompetent as ever...

Mr. Laser Beam September 5 2009 04:18 AM

Bloody hell...Braxton is involved? :lol:

How did he get out of his situation at the end of "Relativity"? Or does this take place before that episode?

RichMerk September 5 2009 04:25 AM

Sounds a little Grimdark for my taste, but I always liked Braxton, so maybe...

Unicron September 5 2009 04:19 PM

I suppose it could be an alternate version of crazy Braxton, though the snippets I read seemed to imply it was the same one.

Yug September 5 2009 05:28 PM

I'm a bit done with the time travlin' altered plotlines, it's lazy writing. There's billions of planets in endless space, and these Starfleet dudes got SPACE SHIPS!!!... Lot's of stories to tell about new life and new civilizations, keep goin' boldly foward fer Christ's sake!!

T'Girl September 5 2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Anwar wrote: (Post 3368870)
Somehow K'Ehlayr and Alexander still exist in this universe, and Alexander is as much an incompetent as ever...

You know if Worf had spent a few minutes each episode introducing Alexander's cranial ridges to the aft bulkhead, TNG would have been a better place!

HIj'Qa September 6 2009 01:21 AM

Don't buy it, Unicron, it is not very good. Lame hackery like this should be discouraged by failing to make a profit.

CoveTom September 7 2009 12:23 AM

The story sounds like it could be interesting, but it really does sound like a pretty direct ripoff of Yesterday's Enterprise.

It really is like they've taken the same story and altered some details and called it new.