The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Fan Art (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   What's this...? TOS.5.2 (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=102361)

deg3D August 27 2009 04:22 PM

What's this...? TOS.5.2

Sneak-peek at what's to come...

Enjoy.

deg

click thumbnail to enlarge...

http://deg3d.biz/posts/deg3D_TOS.5.2_E_200.jpg

JJohnson August 27 2009 04:42 PM

Re: What's this...? TOS.5.2

I would've had absolutely no problem with this Enterprise being in the movie.

Q2UnME August 27 2009 04:50 PM

I'm pretty sure I just found my new PC wall paper! :drool:

Frakin' excellent work deg!

Q2

Cary L. Brown August 27 2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Q2UnME wrote: (Post 3341594)

Q2

While I'm not 100% sold on every single "tweak" either you or Vektor have made on your versions, I think that both approaches demonstrate, with absolute clarity, just how SILLY the perpetual comments about how "The TOS design could never have been put up on the big screen without being laughed at."

Nice work. :)

deg3D August 27 2009 05:19 PM

Thanks, guys. :)

Quote:

Cary L. Brown wrote: (Post 3341643)
While I'm not 100% sold on every single "tweak" either you or Vektor have made on your versions,...

You should give it a go then, Cary. ;)

Out of E curiosity, what would you do with her that would be different?

deg

Santaman August 27 2009 05:38 PM

Me like! me like! :D :techman:

largo August 27 2009 05:47 PM

awesome.

and, as it seems we're obliged to comment on it now, i also like the XI Enterprise and believe that trekdom is richer for having it than not.
how long until someone does a 'phantom edit' of STXI and puts in the TOS Enterprise?
including, presumably, a scene of a young james kirk seeing the vessel under construction, in orbit, while dying of asphyxiation?

deg3D August 27 2009 05:52 PM

Thanks, guys.

Quote:

largo wrote: (Post 3341767)

and, as it seems we're obliged to comment on it now, i also like the XI Enterprise and believe that trekdom is richer for having it than not.
how long until someone does a 'phantom edit' of STXI and puts in the TOS Enterprise?

I like XI E. After all, she's still E to me. Don't love her mind you, but I like her, eh. :)

deg

Rattrap August 27 2009 06:02 PM

Mr. Abrams,

Your ship is ready.

Patrickivan August 27 2009 08:11 PM

I love this take on TOS Enterprise! Keeping all the lines of the ship, but adding all that wonderful detail! I've seen lots of Enterprise images, but the detail, combined with the way she's lit, and the windows- all just make it look so amazing!

TrekkieMonster August 27 2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Q2UnME wrote: (Post 3341594)

Q2

Ditto, on both counts! :bolian: :drool:

Kaiser August 27 2009 10:39 PM

Very Beutiful :) :techman:

Albertese August 27 2009 11:58 PM

Dang it! Tell me, where is the light source for the spotlight on the outboard nacelle's pennant? Sorry, this is the one nit I have to pick with everyone's lit up CG models of the TOS ship. Don't get me wrong, I really like what you've done with it. It's all very nice. But I just can't get over phantom light fixtures. Just a pet peeve of mine. Carry on.

--Alex

deg3D August 28 2009 12:21 AM

Thanks guys. :)

Quote:

Albertese wrote: (Post 3343074)
Dang it! Tell me, where is the light source for the spotlight on the outboard nacelle's pennant? Sorry, this is the one nit I have to pick with everyone's lit up CG models of the TOS ship. Don't get me wrong, I really like what you've done with it. It's all very nice. But I just can't get over phantom light fixtures. Just a pet peeve of mine. Carry on.

--Alex

HAHAHHAA, or the Delta spot on the hull? Or the stern name spot? Where do some of these spots come from on the TMP E?

Where do all the non-real light sources come from in sci-fi, for that matter? LOL

Laddy, transparent aluminum, would that be worth anything to ya?

While we're at it, how about some molecular-level controlled area luminescent steel?

That's how I account for such things anywho. :D

deg

deg3D August 28 2009 12:29 AM

BTW, I originally had it rigged to have a light source emitting from the intercoolers, but the direction of the light cast aft to forward killed the visual flow of her, thus I went with a non-physical alternative for the sake of aestethics.

I'm with ya Albertese, on tryin' to "keep it real." But sometimes ya gotta go with what looks good. And thus, my mind being what it is, it had to also come up with some logical reasoning behind it. I'm always thinkin', eh.

Hey, what's the smell, burning rubber...?

deg