The Trek BBS

The Trek BBS (http://www.trekbbs.com/index.php)
-   Gaming (http://www.trekbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta DLC Is Out (http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=100493)

LutherSloan August 3 2009 08:25 PM

Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta DLC Is Out

The final DLC for Fallout 3, Mothership Zeta, is now available. I downloaded and installed it, but I haven't played the game yet.

PKerr August 3 2009 08:35 PM

Re: Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta DLC Is Out

*Sigh*

I still need to finish "Point Lookout".
I also think I'll give it a few days for them to iron out the bugs there always seems to be with the DLC.

Dac August 3 2009 09:05 PM

Oh, is it?

*Realizes he has the PS3 Version, rants and rips apart voodoo dolls of Bethesda employees*

Grrr.

The Evil Dead August 3 2009 10:22 PM

Nothing is happening for me on Live when I click on Zeta to try and buy it, although Point Lookout, Broken Steel, etc. still give me options... I'll just have to try later.

clint g August 3 2009 11:00 PM

You know, I think from now on when it comes to Bethesda games, Im going to wait for all the expansions to come out and just buy the inevitable "game of the year" edition

Sephiroth August 4 2009 07:01 AM

finished it a few hours ago, Bethesda is getting REALY OBSCURE with it's hidden weapon placements

firehawk12 August 4 2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

clint g wrote: (Post 3260421)
You know, I think from now on when it comes to Bethesda games, Im going to wait for all the expansions to come out and just buy the inevitable "game of the year" edition

You know, if the DLC was cheaper, I would have bought it then... but the fact that buying the game again is about the same price - if not cheaper - than downloading the packs individually, it sort of makes little sense unless you need to play it now.

Pindar August 4 2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Sephiroth wrote: (Post 3261575)
finished it a few hours ago, Bethesda is getting REALY OBSCURE with it's hidden weapon placements

How was it?

I found the fact that most of my old weapons did very little damage to the creatures in Point Lookout somewhat annoying.

Sephiroth August 4 2009 03:17 PM

it was allright, shorter than point lookout, but honestly, a weak DLC, corridor, aliens, find a reactor, blow it up, teleport, repeat

Pindar August 4 2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Sephiroth wrote: (Post 3262203)
it was allright, shorter than point lookout, but honestly, a weak DLC, corridor, aliens, find a reactor, blow it up, teleport, repeat

I take it the level cap is still 30.

LutherSloan August 4 2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Pindar wrote: (Post 3262321)
Quote:

Sephiroth wrote: (Post 3262203)

I take it the level cap is still 30.

Yes.

I finished this in like 4 hours, it's way too short. The new weapons are pretty sweet, especially the unique Alien Disintegrator (the name escapes me), which is basically an automatic laser/plasma rifle. You can get off a ton of shots in just a second or two. Unfortunately there is no real new armor, unless you count the Japanese samurai's armor, which you have to kill him to get in the first place. I think there is one of those Winterized Medic Armors that you saw other people wearing in 'Operation: Anchorage', but I never personally found it. One cool new item is the Alien Epoxy, which can repair any weapon without a duplicate (really useful if you aren't near someone who can repair your stuff, or you use unique items a lot).

The spacewalk segment was so incredibly lame. You go out on top of the ship, but all you do is put some little hatches back into place, and you're done. Whoopee.

TheBrew August 4 2009 10:59 PM

Hopefully the "Everything" Edition will come out soon since I have been holding out on this game until it does.

LutherSloan August 4 2009 11:34 PM

What sucks for me now is that since this is the last DLC, I've basically done everything with FO3.

firehawk12 August 4 2009 11:52 PM

Yeah, but Fallout Vegas is coming out next year anyway... at least, I think it is.

LutherSloan August 5 2009 01:13 AM

Quote:

firehawk12 wrote: (Post 3264190)
Yeah, but Fallout Vegas is coming out next year anyway... at least, I think it is.

Yes, it is supposed to be, although it's a bit surprising there aren't any screens yet.